kl-ze won't turn over

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mightym0use5

kl-ze won't turn over

Post by mightym0use5 »

I am using th mx-3 vaf and manifold with the kl-ze ecu. my manifold is coming in soon. ok here is what happened my car was running fine with the upgraded ecu but then i recieved my actual kl-ze ecu i put it in but i pluged it in (just all the electrical plugs) and turn on the car and it was fine. Then I took out my old ecu and screwed it in kl-ze one using the mx-3 brackets from the old ecu, but now my car does not start. It cranks, but it does not turn over. - My idle was really low when i first got it tot turn on - do you think i might have to change the tps or reset the ecu? Any opinions of what it could be would help - thank you.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: kl-ze won't turn over

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I had the same problem, it as my ZE's distrubutor, i used my old K8's and it worked fine
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

Thanks for your suggestion but I am using my k8 distributer. Any other thing it could be?
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Are you sure all three plugs are all the way in? You said it won't turn over, so you obviously don't have power to the starter or is it cranking and not firing? Switch ECU's again and see what it does.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

Ok - i pluged in my old ecu and nothing - same thing happens. I am so confused, It was working fine that morning and now it won't even start. I don't get it. It is cranking, but not firing (as in not turning on). - What is the diffirence in not firing to not turning over? Well if anyone has some input on my problem - i am open to all suggestions.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

You might not have a good ground. From what I remember there were a few wires that were bolted down near they ECU. You didn't disconnect the Fuel Pump Relay thats bolted to the ECU?
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

The relay is still connected. I am not sure about the ground wires though. Where would they be. -thanks for all the help.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

If you pulled on the wires and not the actual plug, maybe one of the wires came out of the plug. I would look at all the wires and make sure none of them are partially out of the connector that plugs into the ecu.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”