kl-ze problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mightym0use5

kl-ze problems

Post by mightym0use5 »

Ok here is my setup - kl-ze engine, 1.8L manifold, 1.8 vaf and a kl-ze modified 1.8 ecu (corksport). I am getting codes 16,28,29 - which i know it is the egr(not worried about those) -but i am also getting code 25(fuel regulator). here is my problem - i was getting this code before i swaped the injectors (i forgot to put the 2.5L in the manifold) and my car would stall on idle. I thought it was the injectors - so i changed them and tuned the car and it was fine - i am now starting to have the same problem. Is it the ecu? or could it be something else? If anyone has some input plese let me know - thanks
mightym0use5

Re: kl-ze problems

Post by mightym0use5 »

i just reset my ecu amd i am still getting code 25 (fuel pressure regulator control solenoid) for some reason - can someone please help.
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Did u swap over the KLZE fuel rails and injectors?
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Sounds like you might have left the solenoid off or disconected. from memory i think it's located near the end of the fuel rail onthe drivers side. It's not atached directly to the rail though.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

there is a solinoind on the air cleaner box that controls engine vaccume to the fuel pressuer regulator on cold starts, make sure that the solinoid is plugged into the wireing harness.<p>you can run a vaccume line from the intake manifold to the fuel pressure regulator and by pass the solinoid, but the electrical connector MUST be plugged into the solinoid.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

I did bypass the solenoid because the vacuum line goes from my manifold into the fuel regulator, but i don't see the solenoid (i think i left if off) - how does it look like - and which of the wires do i have to plug in to it. Thanks for all your help.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

yeah i had this code, swapped the injectors are it was fine. The car ran kinda sluggishly with the K8 injectors anyways.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

aight - i seem to have lost my prc valve solenoid - that is why it is throwing that code. i probably have to get a new one to plug into the harness. Will this fix my problem though?
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

I forgot to ask - where does the prc valve plug in. not the vacuum hoses but the wiring harness. to which one does it plug to. please help me out - thanks<p>one more thing - i know you can ground that wire that goes to that valve to run more psi on your fuel, should i do that instead? Or will it still throw that code?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”