idle messed

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MI-Archangel

idle messed

Post by MI-Archangel »

hey guys this is werid when i start my car in neutral its aidles to 1g then hits bottom then jumps to halfway between 1 and bottom when i shift it gear it goes higher and when i sit idleing in neutral and turn steering wheel the idle jumps. wtf some help here plz.
dewthis

Re: idle messed

Post by dewthis »

If it idles up when you put it gear there is probably a hole inyour intake mine did the same thing. I replaced the stock rubber intake with a custom cai. The reason the idle jumps when you turn the steering wheel is the power steering pump is working therefore putting a little strain on the car.
65 shot > V8
handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

Hi to All i just bought a Mazda Mx-3 V^ and mine has similar problem with rough idling when put in gear and foot on clutch. on removing the airbox to clean it out i noticed that ther is a huge gap between the pipe and housing fresh air side i put some door seal (draugh excluder strip) in there but the same problem appears any ideas.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

The only gaps which will affect the idling are after the VAF. In front of the VAF the air hasn't been measured, so the ECU's calculation won't be affected. The most likely place for a leak is the "corrugated" rubber conduit between the VAF and the Throttle Body.(Part No 6 on page F2-095).<p>If that doesn't help, why not read F2- 018?
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

That happened to me and I found a hole on the rubber thing right above the vaf, so I taped it and it worked fine. You might want to check your fuel filter just in case.
handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

Thanks,
Will try that this evening. I also wodered while still on same thread why does the engine RPM jump about when foot is placed on brake pedal, in gear and clutch depressed? Maybe this will go away when i find source of leaks. Thanks for advice so far you guys i will be grateful of some support.<p>Regards Alun.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

The brake has a brake booster (servo in UK) which is powered by the manifold vacuum. If applying the brake affects your idle, there could be a vacuum leak in the brake booster system.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
MI-Archangel

Post by MI-Archangel »

i put a whole new custom intake in now what it does is i srat up revs to almsot stall sputters a bit then guns up to 3 grand then becoems super gay and evtrually evens out at almsot stall then when im drving once in awhile my car jsut stalls :eek:
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Did u hook up everything? Is your VAF plugging in? Installed? did u hook up all the hoses? If you did then your car would run perfect.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
MI-Archangel

Post by MI-Archangel »

i did but its still messed
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Do you get a CEL?
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
MI-Archangel

Post by MI-Archangel »

cel?
handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

Checked all vacuum lines last night and they are all done up tight with no leaks. However I still got problem with idle jumping about from 500-1500 rpm when foot on brake, clutch and in gear ! now to rule out vacuum side i temporarily disconnected brake light switch and shorted it out to emulate brake lights coming on. and the problem appears so there must be some kind of signal going to ECU to tell the car the brakes ! are on anyone know why this should happen ? its driving me mad...<p>Thanks Alun.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”