from V6 to 4???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
thebox

from V6 to 4???

Post by thebox »

I did some searching and couldn't find anything solid about this. I was curious because honestly I would much prefer a turbo 4cyl engine to a naturally aspirated V6 any day, i just love turbo. Can it be done, well I'm sre it can as just about anything can be done with enough money and time. My question is how easy would this swap be and what would need changing inside the engine bay/car? How expensive? Anyone got ideas? =)
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
VizualXTC

Re: from V6 to 4???

Post by VizualXTC »

if you have a GS and want a 4 cyl, then just sell the GS and buy a RS. If you sell the GS you should have enought money to buy the RS plus some left over to play with. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper to go that route than to try and swap the 4cyl for the V6. If you are adamant about swapping, search for a guy named Dave Lauzier.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Gro Harlem

Re: from V6 to 4???

Post by Gro Harlem »

Stuff you need to swap from either a RS mx3 or a Protege<p>1: crossmember
2: transmission
3: guage cluster with cable driven speedo
4: engine mounts
5: shift linkage
6: ECU harness<p>Other than that, you don't need to swap out anything
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM