Short shifter droped??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ebsouljah

Short shifter droped??

Post by Ebsouljah »

I was at a stop light and i was tapping kinda hard on my shifter, and it just droped!! It fell out 3 inches in, and the only think that was holding it up was a rubber O ring...Am i missing parts?? I went to the dealer, and he he didnt know... I dont want to drive it cuz it just keeps getting lower...Any help would be greatly appriciated!<p>Mykil² :shrug:
novadoc

Re: Short shifter droped??

Post by novadoc »

mine was the same way<p>you can eaither rig something up to keep it up there
or
you can do it the right way and get a new shift linkage from mazda<p>cost me 240 canadian
NoVa<p>Image
Ebsouljah

Post by Ebsouljah »

R u sure??... Cus the whole shift lever, will fall right out of the floor....Does the shift linkage hold the shifter to the floor board?
thanx<p>Mykil²
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

The shifter linkage is what you need. I recently replace mine. All that holds it together is 2 rubber tabs.. They get old and wear out. However mazda doesn't sell just the little rubber pieces you need.. You have to buy the whole linkage. The linkage will cost you about $80. Don't forget to get a new bushing for the linkage, cause chances are that the linkage is the original one and the bushings have never been replace meaning the old bushing are unusable. Hope this helps
BLINDMAN INC.

Post by BLINDMAN INC. »

It will only cost you about 150 dollars for the linkage. Hell if you have to tie a string to hold it up because you need to have a car. Just rigg it so it works until u can get the money for it.
Ebsouljah

Post by Ebsouljah »

Thanx for the help guys!<p>I called the dealer and he said that i could buy the little rubber peices seperatly at 5 bucks a piece. But he also said i need 4 of them?
...zevirii do you have a part number?? It would really help alot. Thanx again<p>Mykil²
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

THink of it this way..You have a REALLY short shifter now!! LOL just kiddin man...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ebsouljah:
Thanx for the help guys!<p>I called the dealer and he said that i could buy the little rubber peices seperatly at 5 bucks a piece. But he also said i need 4 of them?
...zevirii do you have a part number?? It would really help alot. Thanx again<p>Mykil²
<hr></blockquote><p>
your dealer is talking about the shifter bushings.. these will not help you (although they will make your shift feel nicer, so not a bad investment either way, especially considering you will have the part out anyway).. <p>I did the same thing when I was installing my sts.. look here for more info.<p>check this link for a pic of the part needing replacement.. <p>Image<p>I have more pics on my PC at home that I can upload if you need.. email me if you need to - eunosads@optushome.com.au <p>you can ghetto repair it by attaching the bottom plate to the top somehow.. but that's a bad idea as the whole assembly needs to move with the engine.. you'll end up breaking something otherwise.. <p>while you're replacing the part, you may as well replace the bushings (from the dealer) or get some SRD bronzoil shifter bushings.. these a niiiice.. <p>keep in mind.. mine is an Aussie 30X, I imagine it's the same.. but it may be different.. <p>hope this helps...<p>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

it is exactly the same<p>you wont need to buy bushings from mazda because if you get the linkage it comes with all new bushings anyway<p>so ya
tell mazda you need a new shift linkage
its worth every penny<p>peace
NoVa<p>Image
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

mine didn't come with bushings.. :shrug:
- EUNOS 30X -
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

ahh
i see<p>well if you dont get bushings with the linkage
then make sure you get some<p>eunosads - <p>did yours come assembled or just in pieces?
NoVa<p>Image
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

hmm.. are we talking about the same part?<p>it seems the bit that I got wasn't something that would need to be assembled.<p>I guess you could say that I did buy it assembled as it was only one seperate piece.. <p>I have more pics at home that I think will clarify things.. <p>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

ohhh
i think i know what you got then
see<p>when i got mine
i got the entire assembly<p>both rods
new shifter
new bushings
everything is brand new<p>probobly why it cost me 250 bucks
NoVa<p>Image
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

ahhhh.. mine was just one rod.. not the one that moves when you shift, the other one.. but thast rod still had the plate and everything.. just not the rod that goes from the shifter to the tranny.. <p>that was $130 AUD... so like $70 USD...<p>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

Part number for just that one rod (which will fix your problem) is EA0346020, keep in mind though, that is here in Australia, I am not sure if the part numbers change in different countries.. that was $130 AUD..
- EUNOS 30X -

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”