how much was your kl03

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

how much was your kl03

Post by Guest »

hows it going, im just trying to get a general idea of what people payed for there kl03, and where they found it, im really interested in this swap since i think if i look long enough ill pay afraction of the price of a ze, ive been searching sights and the lowest ive seen is 1300 and the highest was 3300, i think thats retarded, a ze is 1200-1400, but anyways ive been fishing around the mx6 forums but other then that i dont know where to look, there isnt many junk yards around so i dont think thats much of an option, any ways i just wanna get an idea of how cheap i can get one of these, thanks.<P>Tim Dawson
lazzyie

Re: how much was your kl03

Post by lazzyie »

if you go to Montreal theres a place called EngineLand<P>(10024 London ave. (514) 325-0888 )
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

850cdn plus tax
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

Mike he asked about a KL03 not ZE<BR>Anyways my KL03 was $500Can from a friend :)
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE

Post by Guest »

ok cause i have a guy with a 96 kl03 with about 120000km on it, out of a special edition, dont think that matters, anyways i offered him 500usd+shiping, is that too much?
andy

Post by andy »

That sounds about right. That is the price I was quoted from the local junkyard. <BR>Local being Miami, Florida<BR>Andy P. 93 GS
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

I found my kl03 at the local junkyard. The prices ranged from $650-800US. I decided to go with the newest engine and the lowest miles, so ended up paying $800 no taxes, no shipping. Engine was from a 97 626 and only had 60k miles on it.
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007

Post by Guest »

thats pretty good man, i wanna try and find one around here but i might not be able to.
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

wouldn't it be cheaper for you to just get a ZE? You are in Canada and there are plenty of engine importers around you... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007

Post by Guest »

uhhhhhhhhhhhh, as far as i know no! a ze will cost me atleast 2000, where i can get a kl03 for like 600ish, i dont know where you get that
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I was quoted $200 from a local junkyard. There is also a pick and pull lot down here that sells any engine at $120. There is a sale this weekend for half price.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Post by Guest »

well im thinking i have a shop i go to and they are pretty awesome and im sure they have all the hook ups, so ill just ask them to source an engine for me when the time comes, assuming this other source falls threw, im sure i can find a better deal up here anyway, thanks for all the info guys.
chance

Post by chance »

just remember they are spending your money, not thier's. Don't forget to look for complete cars. try places like goodwill were cars are donated. i got my 92 GS for $400 USD, perfect, except for the clear coat pealing on the hood
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Haha, good topic choice, I'm wondering the same thing. Today i was out and about, and called the local autowrecker and asked if they had any of the mazda mx-6 or 626 2.5l v6's and they had one, he said they go for around $650 thats canadian! but it has 130,000kms which isnt too bad considering my 92 gs has 210,000kms and still going strong...but i know someday soon its going to need a major repair so i figure ill just swap instead...<P>Does anyone know if i have to swap computers as well? i know you need the ze ecu for the ze but what about kl08 to kl03 <klde>?
manitobamx3

Post by manitobamx3 »

I'm looking at getting the swap done for the kl03. IS there anybody in manitoba thinking the same thing or already has it done? maybe we could help each other out. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”