Pics of my KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Smokin mx-3

Re: Pics of my KLZE

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

who did the swap and do you have the kl-ze intake?
93 mx-3 gs/se

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>lazzyie: domestic 97+ millenia intake manifolds are the same as jspec, minus the brake booster vac on on the virs#2 inlet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Could you expand on this?
jeroentje_nl

Post by jeroentje_nl »

ehm.....oke <BR>A little game.<BR>What type engine is this ??<BR> Image
mx3-precidia-gs-1995

Post by mx3-precidia-gs-1995 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeroentje_nl:<BR><STRONG>ehm.....oke <BR>A little game.<BR>What type engine is this ??<BR> Image </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would say its a K-series engine with a ms8 intake manifold ?
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

smokin mx-3 <BR>I was wondering what your setup is. It sounds like you went to a-spec. Could I just order the ms-8 manifold and bold it on?<BR>Tonight I am going to look for numbers on the heads.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

yes you can buy the ms-8 manifold and bolt it on <BR>I did not get my swap at a -spec but I do go there for parts <BR>the pic above is a kl-ze ms8 version <BR>all versions with the ms8 that i have seen <BR>have that front valve cover <P>and the mx-6 kl-ze have just mazda on the front valve cover<p>[ September 25, 2002: Message edited by: Smokin mx-3 ]
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

okay, I verified that its a KLZE I was getting worried. Says KL31-1A1 on the head (facing towards the front of the car. It was kind of behind the middle runner(if thats what there called, not sure) and had to use a flashlight to see the full number. <P>I want a better intake manifold though, I was thinking about ordering one from a 2.5 millenia (us spec) for 50-100 dollars from car-parts.com...is this a good idea?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeroentje_nl:<BR><STRONG>ehm.....oke <BR>A little game.<BR>What type engine is this ??<BR> </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You can't tell anything by valve covers. My KLZE came with a valve cover with just Mazda on it.<P>That intake manifold looks like a K8, not an MS8. It has the K8 elbow for the #1 VRIS, the small #2 VRIS cover, and a passage for EGR (a Japanese MS8 definitely will not have that). It also appears to have the plate between the TB and the IM which only the K8 uses.<P>What two letters (or combination of letter and number) are within an oval on the block below the head on the firewall side on the timing cover end?<p>[ September 26, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
jeroentje_nl

Post by jeroentje_nl »

The picture I have posted is a KF-ZE (2.0l)<BR>It's in a 323F (Astina)
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

if it has that number on the head then it is a kl-ze<BR>I also don't think that you are going to be able to find a ms8 manifold on carparts.com <BR>maybe in the states <BR>they usually go for 400cdn when people have them <BR>us-spec are from a 96 and up 2.5L millenia
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Will the US-Spec manifold work? just as good as the MS8?
mx3-precidia-gs-1995

Post by mx3-precidia-gs-1995 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeroentje_nl:<BR><STRONG>The picture I have posted is a KF-ZE (2.0l)<BR>It's in a 323F (Astina)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Are you sure this is a KF-ZE manifold...<BR>I dont think its a KF-ZE manifold<P>here is a KF-ZE<BR> Image <BR>This is the KF i want to buy...IT is write KF on the block<BR> Image <P>go check : <A HREF="http://membres.lycos.fr/mx3quebec/swap/kfze.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://membres.lycos.fr/mx3quebec/swap/kfze.htm</A>
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

no the us spec manifold will not work as good as the ms8
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokin mx-3:<BR><STRONG>no the us spec manifold will not work as good as the ms8</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And why not?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokin mx-3:<BR><STRONG>if it has that number on the head then it is a kl-ze<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>KL31-1A1 on the front head and KL31-101 on the rear head is NOT on the ZE only.<P>These numbers are on all square port KL heads. These heads came on the domestic 2.5 millenia, and I beleve the 99 and up 2.5 626 as well as all KL-ZE's.<P>The domestic millenia and the j-spec millenia 2.5 engine are EXACTLY the same from the OUTSIDE , except the J-spec has block off plates where the egr valve would go and the rear exhaus manifold has no hole for the egr tube.<P>I have seen web sites for the efini MS-8 and it dose not list the 2.4 miller cycle as an available engine only the KF-ZE and KL-ZE which leads me to belive that it is just a 626, another web site listed all engines that ever came in all millenias and the KF-ZE was never offered in the melenia.<P>If you want to refer to the milenia manifold just say curved neck, millenia, or J-spec millenia, dont use MS8.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”