I dont know whats wrong?!?!?!?!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JacobsMX-3

I dont know whats wrong?!?!?!?!

Post by JacobsMX-3 »

I have a 1992 MX-3 V6 GS 5 speed. My brother and I decided to get an intake so I ordered one offline but before that he asked if he could make my car sound better. So I said yess so he looked at my stock intake and saw some things that might let more aie in the engine it involved taking it apart. I was wondering and said I dont know about this and he said nothing can go wrong and i believed him (I shouldnt have). Anyway he saw in the intake tubbing a cone that moved back and forth and he said that can come off. the problem was that we didnt know a censor was in ther for the air flow and he started to cut it off and it wasnt cutting off so he used a hammer to hit it off. then the shell broke and we saw the chip in there and thats were it all went wrong. After that my engin was getting no air at all. So we jerry-riged it so that the cone would stay oppen. even that didnt help. My engine sounded really bad and spat out smoke and smelled like rotten eggs. And also the RPMs would be at 1500 and struggel to not stall. Then I left for the summer and came back to a car that didnt start we tried to use jumper cables and that didnt work, it sounded like it was going to start but the starter kept going. So we tried to jump start it it sounded like it was starting but then died. Oh by the way I put in the intake when I got back. SO here I am with a car that wont start and I dont think its the battery or a fuse and it has gas. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my car! JDN1962@aol.com
pelado

Re: I dont know whats wrong?!?!?!?!

Post by pelado »

Tow it to a shop and have them replace the VAF. Keep your bros dickskinners off your car!<p>[ August 10, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Wow.<P>I bet your brother has some good ideas about light weight pistons [drill holes in them] or maybe cross drilled brake lines...<P>He's an idiot, and now you need a new VAF. Don't go to Mazda for it, cause it's a $1200 part. Try to find one from a junkyard.<P>Your brother is an idiot. Wow. :eek:
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Mike 94PGT

Post by Mike 94PGT »

This has to be the most hamfisted, saddest car-mod post I think I've ever read. WTF are some people thinking??
Mike<BR>94 PGT <A HREF="http://home.golden.net/~trinity" TARGET=_blank>Codes, Maint, MAF, PCMs etc...</A><BR>Supermoderator, mx6.com
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

This is sad, I read that entire story with my mouth open, its unbelievable. First and foremost, whenever you're dealing with an engine don't mess with anything YOU don't know about, especially if that part MOVES. This generally means it has an important role.<P>You shouldn't even let your brother even touch the car again. Make him ride in the back seat if you go anywhere.
MI-Archangel

Post by MI-Archangel »

hey it must be the MONEY!!! its gonna cost money<BR>get your bro to pay<p>[ August 10, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

ghetto a$$ shade tree mechanics
Dedicated SR20 SLUT
LoXOnline

Post by LoXOnline »

if your still looking, I have a sensor from a 626 that seems to work the same, they look identical and the plug is the same. It worked for my car.
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

HOLY s--->>. your brother is a DUMB a--... i cant believe this... was he born with water on the brain, cause thats the only reason i can think of.... either that.. or your family is of PROLIFIC imbreading.<P><BR>Hibridmx3 ;0)
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

well i guess that is one way to get rid of our plunger style vaf sensor!!! Im sorry I think there is one for sale on ebay for about $100 right now
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
sampsonmx3

Post by sampsonmx3 »

mazda dismantling out of cali, has vafs for 150$ us
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93mxrgs:<BR><STRONG>HOLY s--->>. your brother is a DUMB a--... i cant believe this... was he born with water on the brain, cause thats the only reason i can think of.... either that.. or your family is of PROLIFIC imbreading.<P><BR>Hibridmx3 ;0)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's inbreeding, we know about that stuff in Arkansas!! LOL<P> :D :D :D
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Ramdao

Post by Ramdao »

MY GOSH! WERE YOU IN A OK RELATIONS W/ YOUR BRO. BEFORE HE DID THAT TO YOUR CAR?<P>I THINK HE FELT DIFFERENT.<BR>BY THE WAY,I DO HAVE ONE HERE IN CARACAS VENEZUELA.
Ramdao

Post by Ramdao »

I MEANT A 1.8 VAF!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Lets not go overboard with this now..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”