I need your manifolds for turbo

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Rick Johnson

I need your manifolds for turbo

Post by Rick Johnson »

Sup all. I need the 2 manifolds from one of your guys' old motors. K8 Or KLD/ZE from my understanding there almost identical.. So far i've got a intercooler, boost controller and I have a Garret T3 on the way to my house....Im still sourcing an a/f meter, boost gauge and BOV <getting parts where I live is a b---->..and I got a trick up my sleeve for fuel delivery. Anyways I need your old manifolds for this, any donor's?<P>Boosted K8....soon
ProtegeSTS

Re: I need your manifolds for turbo

Post by ProtegeSTS »

what are you using to control timing? How much boost on the T3 are you expecting to run?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>what are you using to control timing? How much boost on the T3 are you expecting to run?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why 2? I have one that I could sell you. :)
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KNOCKOUT:<BR><STRONG><P>Why 2? I have one that I could sell you. :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Most likely he has the V6 with 2 banks and 2 exhaust manifolds.<P>Why do you need to buy some? Why not just use the stock ones? Or are you buying new ones incase of accident or it doesn't work? I'm sure you can go to your local auto wrecker and get some off an MX-6 or PGT.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I would like to run 8 psi with the stock ignition...The reason i would like extra manifolds is to have as little downtime as possible with the welding.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Is there any ECU reprogramming available for the k series? is there a JWT for mazda lol?
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mazstyle:<BR><STRONG>I would like to run 8 psi with the stock ignition...The reason i would like extra manifolds is to have as little downtime as possible with the welding.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nothing to retard the timing?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Well I first thought that I could just adjust the dist, but then I did a little researching and learned the computer will automatically return to its normal setting on these cars, correct?? Is there an easy way to retard timing? besides an ignition system...maybe a way to trick the computer

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”