02 sensor inversion????

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
blikmik

02 sensor inversion????

Post by blikmik »

OK I read all my engine codes and came up with 17 and 24 - Left and Right O2 sensor inversion error... What is this problem, and how can it be fixed? There is a code for complete inactivity and that one's not showing up so I figure they're still good - please help!
pelado

Re: 02 sensor inversion????

Post by pelado »

You didn't say how your engine was running, that would be nice to know. Without knowing that, the following is a WAG (Wild a-- Guess).<P>This code is given if the O2 sensors output has not changed within 50 sec of the rpm going above 1500. I would guess that your O2 sensors are coated with carbon and other gunk since you don't have codes 15 and 23 (and that you have codes 17 and 24 at the same time). Try removing them and cleaning them with something like Greased Lightning. If you still get the same codes after this (or you remove them and they are NOT coated with crap), then you probably need new O2 sensors. Try <A HREF="http://www.nopi.com" TARGET=_blank>www.nopi.com</A> for a good price on generic 4 wire sensors.<P>See pages F2-74 and 75 of the online shop manual for more info.<p>[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

thanks Pelado... as for how it's running... it's smooth, but when idling, it surges a bit.. It was worse, then I adjusted the TPS, and it's better - but not perfect, and I can't bring the idle down below 1000... when I bring the idle lower, the revs just drop and the car dies. I'm figuring that by fixing the o2 sensor problemfirst, I can then re-adjust the TPS a little better.
pelado

Post by pelado »

Have you tried adjusting the idle screw, the screw on top of the TB?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

Yes... that;s where I'm having the problem now... If I bring the idle to or below 1000 it cuts out and dies...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”