Engine Swap Questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Talon_66

Engine Swap Questions

Post by Talon_66 »

Ok. I am thinking about doing an engine swap. I have the time and the money to do it. But first I need a complete list of all the parts, I will need to do it successfully, and quickly. I have other concerns about the ECU, and s---. I am probly gonna replace my clutch and possibly put in a lightweight flywheel. <BR>I just want 2 get this all done, over a weekend without slip ups, due to the fact of my job, its vital I have a car to get to it.<BR>Another Question, what kind of mileage does everyone get on there 2.5L engines?
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
pelado

Re: Engine Swap Questions

Post by pelado »

So, are you asking for a list of parts, is that it?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

umm it took me 4.5 days of working pretty steady... i would expect more than a weekend... ecu will be fine, i would look for 60k or less
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I am looking for a list of parts that I will need, for the engine swap. And I think I can do the swap in 3 or less days. I have 3 days off a week. I work 4 days @ 10 hours a day
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

I don't like you chances of getting a complete list.. you'll have to make that up yourself by researching.. try the Search function, and also try here... <A HREF="http://www.probetalk.com/forums/showthr ... 445&highli" TARGET=_blank>PROBETALK</A>
- EUNOS 30X -
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

What was everyone's fuel mileage like after the swap. Expecially with the original ECU
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”