Tranny + ecu swap? (klze)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Sean Mandell

Tranny + ecu swap? (klze)

Post by Sean Mandell »

I am getting my klze swap in 2 weeks and just wanted 2 know if i can use my stock 1.8 v6 tranny or do i need to swap them? if most klze motors are auto then what tranny should i go for? obviously i would have 2 swap the computer but the north american specs don't match the klze. should i look for someone that could reprogram it or will the north american 2.5 ecu will be sufficient? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] please reply if u already have the swap or know first hand.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
David Coleman

Re: Tranny + ecu swap? (klze)

Post by David Coleman »

You can use your stock tranny.<BR>Though a new clutch is highly recommended.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

hey!<P>are u getting it done a t a-spec <BR>that is a sweet place<BR>you can use your stock tranny which is better then a 2.5northamerican tranny cause it has shorter gears or gear ratio if you want to race if not and you are gonna be on the high way alot then get the 2.5<BR>the kl-ze has a lsd tranny but are hard to find and I think steve at a-spec has one but expensive <BR>I'm still using stock everything with my kl-ze except I have 2.5 ecu and maf<BR>I have been racing alot and my stock clutch still grips pretty good and I have had the kl-ze and stock clutch combo for 7 months
93 mx-3 gs/se

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

Hey Smokin MX-3: <P>You said you are using a 2.5 ECU and MAF?<P>Did you ever try running the car with the original 1.8 ECU or MAF? Does your EGR valve function? Did you get any ERROR codes when you did your swap? I am about to buy a KL-ZE and I am pretty sure you need a 2.5 MAF, but I am still unsure as to which ECU to use (1.8, 2.5, J-Spec 2.5) If you want to know more click <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 5&t=000762" TARGET=_blank>Here</A>.
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

when I did the swap i used the 1.8 ecu for a while and it works good but for sure you need the 2.5 maf <BR>My egr does not function and yeah I get error codes nothin you can do about that because jspec engines don't have egrs not unless you want to hook one up
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

ifyou can get the kl-ze ecu
93 mx-3 gs/se

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

Does the fact that an error code is constantly being displayed have an effect on performance at all? does it make the car run in some type of "safe" or "test" mode?
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

hey smokin, thanks 4 the info and yes i am getting it done by a-spec. i hope u are right about them cause i am runing low 15's now with stock 1.8L and i hope to run 12's at cayuga this summer(with some spray ). i also noticed that mazda has a lot of extra hp from proper tuning hopefully a-spec will be up to the task. I also heard that they have a secret 323 klze twin turbo in the works. can u imagine . the sleeper of all sleepers. by the way also 80 shot to add to this 323 :D
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

sup<BR>ya i know about the 323 seen it <BR>what colour is your car?<BR>answer to the egr codes no it does not take away from the performance if you buy the kl-ze ecu it will not come up
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

94 silver mx-3 1.8L v6<P>so tell me, is the klze worth every penny duz it pull hard?<P>i hav driven a lot of fast cars but i really like being a sleeper as well as my insurance iz super low for my mx-3 compared to my seven.
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

she pulls nice but make sure your engine mounts are like new or get them injected with poly because it helps to stop wheel hop<BR>I have nothin done to my car except kl-ze and it is fast and she pulls like a b---- <BR>you are going to be dustin alot of hondas
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

:D :D :D :D :D

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”