I'm new here, just saying hello!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
red-mx3

I'm new here, just saying hello!

Post by red-mx3 »

Hey, what a nice community, lot's of nice folks and knowledgeable too!<p>I don't actually have my GS yet, it's at the dealer being emission tested and certified should get it sometime this week.<p>Anyway, it's a blaze red 1993 GS V6, spotless inside, and outside, 189,000 km (~116,000mi), got it with a 1 year unlimited KM PT warranty for 5600 CDN, good deal?<p>Everything works perfect on it including all power stuff (windows, locks, roof), runs well, the shifter seems a little loose (I guess bushings need replacing?) also I could feel engine torque on stick shift, particulary in third, is that normal for these cars?<p>Sorry for all the questions, mostly I wanted to say hello, and say I really am enjoying the site, and your posts. Later ....
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: I'm new here, just saying hello!

Post by Mnemonic »

hmmm thats not to bad of a deal Congrads on the car.<p>You'll notice on our cars that majority of the power comes after 3krpms and dont worry about the ticking sound its another one of the special sounds that comes from our cars
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

where in ontario do u live man
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

you know...I think people are right when they say the market value for the mx3 is going up compared to last couple of years. Trying to find one for my girlfriend has been painful to say the least. No good deals.<p>5600 is okay. Not great. To back my statement up, I purchased my 93 GS, spotless with all options ans 130km for 6000. and that was 2 years ago. Its nice to know people are appreciating our cars finally and driving the resale up :) <p>Welcome to the board and good luck with your mx3 :)
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03

Post by Guest »

I payed 5000 for mine about 8 months ago, and payed about 3000 so far in f**kin repairs!!! good job on the warranty man, not saying you'll need it but i wish i had one! So for that km and a warranty i think thats good all things considered
Jowga28

Post by Jowga28 »

Hi guys <p>I got my mx-3 rs for $2200 in virgina beach, which is where I live. I love my car to death and I don't know what I would do without it.
Life passes you by so fast, keep up,drive a Mazda(ZOOM,ZOOM).
red-mx3

Post by red-mx3 »

Thanks for the replies, feels welcoming. :) I'm in the oshawa/whitby area p_gino, commute to T.O. everyday ...<p>I'll get some pics up once I get it and get my hands on a digcam.
red-mx3

Post by red-mx3 »

I just have the one pic for now, here it is:<p>
BlazerCrew

Post by BlazerCrew »

hey welcome to the site. Ya compared to me you got a good deal. I really wanted an mx-3 and the only one i found was my 94 gs for 7500. It only had 75000 miles and in perfect condition.
Mx-3's rule
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

welcom to the site. i got my 95 RS w/ 75,000 miles exactly and in mint condition for 4,000
marius

Post by marius »

Welcome to the group of original minds. Most guys here know what I'm talking about. Have fun with it.
aseow

Post by aseow »

Hey, I'm new to the site, too. Also in Toronto area. Smart to get a warranty. You just never know what's around the corner. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with your GS!
red-mx3

Post by red-mx3 »

Thanks, and welcome to you as well Cdnmx3.<p>Yeah I thought it was smart getting the warranty too, but now that I have more details I'm not so sure. The paperwork I have so far says that they will e-mail me a maintenance schedule that I have to keep to, in addition I'll have to mail in regular "maintenance cards" which they supply itemizing the work done. The glossies are kind of misleading (what else is new right ..?)<p>I won't know how truly ridiculous or useful it will be until I receive the maintenance schedule in the mail. All I can say for now is I'm glad I negotiated it as part of the deal and didn't buy the warranty at full price. BTW the car is great, lots of fun already ....
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Clean looking car, man. I wouldn't worry about reliability too much, 116,000 miles is just getting broken in! Besides, if your engine starts to go it just gives you a good excuse to do a swap. Have fun driving and keep the rubber side down!
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”