Best Subwoofers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Re: Best Subwoofers

Post by Buff1110 »

i agree 100% with airjordon_09, alpine type R subs are my favorite, ive heard kicker l7, polk momo, jl w0,w3,w6, and a whole bunch of others and this sub puts them to shame.
But again your headunit and amp make the most difference so make sure you have quality units.
i run all alpine except my amps which are ppi and eclipse. never a problem with any of it
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

hey buff have u ever heard mb quart, dayton, image dynamics, re spl, digital designs? listen to those and u will drool at the quality compared to what the alpine can produce. don't get me wrong they are nice subs but for the money u can do better.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

alpine putting polk audio, jl, and kicker l7? that is the first time i heard that one. my old round solobaric kicks major *** still. i wish i knew how loud my system is. all i know is i cant turn it all the way up cuz my ears start ringin
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mzdspd:
hey buff have u ever heard mb quart, dayton, image dynamics, re spl, digital designs? listen to those and u will drool at the quality compared to what the alpine can produce. don't get me wrong they are nice subs but for the money u can do better.<hr></blockquote><p>Mb quart subs i wasnt impressed with( heard them a year ago), Image dynamics are very respectable but again i prefer the type r, as for the rest i havent heard. the old solo barics (round ones) were awesome, the new square l7 are loud but not as accurate. again this is all my own opinion so i dont wanna start any arguments as stereo type stuff is opinion anyway.
Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

i wasn't tryin to start an argument man sry. if u like them thats all that matters :)
93MX3SpecialEdition

Post by 93MX3SpecialEdition »

There are a lot of excellent subs out there.<p>I have installed many sytems for friends with a wide variety of subs.<p>The kind of sub i would recommend would be 10 or 12 inch Cerwin Vega Vega's. They have very tight bass, yet still very loud bass. Cerwin is very well known for their quality bass output.<p>I agree with the others that it also depends alot on what you are all hooking up to them (head unit, amp)
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

after my 2 12" mtx and new sony amp got stolen i got an old solo baric round one. its definately awesome. people ask me how many subs i have in my car. when i pop my trunk its only like a one foot cube with a 10". i would recommend solo barics any day for amazing bass. but for tight bass for good buck i would go with comp vr's. last time i called a stereo shop about pricing was only like 120 for a 12" in a box about a year ago.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

(2) 12" Orion XTR Pro DVC (Orion 2NT's in a new name is all) (500rms or 1000peak each) in a sealed enclosure w/ 12ga Stinger speaker wire.
(1) Orion XTR Pro 1000 Mono Block Class D Digital amp. (250rmsx1@4ohm, 500rmsx1@2ohm, or 1000rmsx1@1ohm) internaly bridged 1ohm mono to the subs.
(1) Stinger Deep Cycle Dry Cell (SP1000 I think)
(1) 250amp second battery relay
All Stinger wires, patch cables, ect...
4ga Power to second battery
1ga Ground from second battery
(1) Optima Red Top battery up front
(1) Ohio Generators 160amp adjustable output alternator
(1) Pioneer DEH-P7300 Head Unit
(1) Pioneer 12 Disc CD Changer Under the Dash
(1) Orion XTR 6.5" 2 way components (50rms, 4ohms)
(1) Orion Cobalt 6.5" 2 way coaxial components (50rms, 3ohms)
(1) Orion XTR 400.4 4 channel amp (50rmsx4@4ohms, 100x4rms@2ohm, or 200rmsx2@4ohms)<p>My old setup before the engine & drive train swap broke me. Still have most of it. Sold the XTR 400.4 & put the Cobalts in my girls car.<p>The 2 12" XTR Pro's by them selves will pound out 150db's of head crushing BASS. But they one of the BEST SQ subs in the world! After all...all they are is A/D/S ground pounder audiophile subs sold in a different color & name!<p>The system had BOTH breath taking sound quality & head crushing SPL!!! About the only thing I've heard better would be my friends Jaguar w/ over $20,000 invested (keep in mind he is a dealer) in just the stereo. It IS the LOUDEST Jag in the WORLDand has been for YEARS!!!! Yet it was designed for SQ mostly!!! It's mostly ORION HCCA ;)
www.ez-install.com<p>[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: JWMotorsports ]</p>
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
theo

Post by theo »

I would go with Audiobahn...they are superb...subs in a sealed box have deeper bass, but unsealed subs are louder...I have two 12" audiobahn subs in a bandpass neon lighted box with a mirror in the bottom..it makes it look like there are four subs in the box and the box has four ports on the front of it...i have those hooked up to an 840 watt power acoustik amp...it hits really good...sounds great in an mx-3 b/c the hatch doesn't rattle like trunks do...I am willing to sell my setup if you want it.<p>theoyork7@cswebmail.com
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

actually ported can be deeper depends on the tuning and i would not go with audiobahn because they have a 40% fail rate ur paying for the looks not the sound just remember that
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Ummmm Ok has anyone ever heard of kove audio... ARMAGEDDON???
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
Ummmm Ok has anyone ever heard of kove audio... ARMAGEDDON???<hr></blockquote><p>yah... what about them?
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

kicker L7s are the best. a single 8, in a pre-fabricated box, with only 300 watts of power hit 140 dB in a 4 dr civic. in my old shop's competition ford ranger, we hit over 170 dB with 2 15s. they are insanely loud, they love both ported and sealed enclosures, require less air spaice than most (maybe even all) round subs, and push more air.
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

paragon are u talkin in the port cause if ur not im sry but im gonna have to say ur full of ****. my friends got the pre fab box with a 12 and 900w rms of power with a 2fared cap and 1g power and ground with a yellow top in a 2dr cavi an older one and he can only hit 138 so 170 is hard to beleive. 150 sounds more like it. even that might be a little high.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

mic was on the pass. side dash. anyone that wants to come see it, drop me an email at paragonxv@hotmail.com

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”