dash and alarm

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
korban

dash and alarm

Post by korban »

I have a 94 mx-3 v6 with an alarm and old kenwood stero in . I am wondering how to get to the stereo , do I have to take off the glove compartment to get at it? there dosnt seem to be any visable screws to remove the centre facing, also it has a viper alarm system which also does the locks but it only sets the alarm on now. any info would be much appreciated.<BR>thanks<BR>
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: dash and alarm

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

well, first of all, i ALWAYS unbolt my siren so that it does not go off during my tinkering. all you have to do is pop the side panels of the console by the driver-side and passenger-side feet off. then reach up in there and push the radio out. it's bit tricky and this may not work with you fellas with massive arms, i am pretty skinny. i think you can then replace the headunit.<BR>be sure to get a mazda conversion kit for the wires!<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
GMGQ

Re: dash and alarm

Post by GMGQ »

So you want to take out the kenwood stereo? Well I know the stock deck and my Pioneer deck are held in by metal clips in the side of the deck, so I assume all decks just click into place like this. <P>If you look around the front of the deck, there should be some slots/holes by the sides. To remove my stock deck, I just cut up a coat hanger, bent it into 2 U-shapes, and inserted them into the 2 holes on each side, and pushed outwards, so that the clips are pushed it. Once the clips are pushed in, the deck should loosen up, and pop forward a bit. Then just slide it out gently. Here's an idea:<P> -------------------------<BR>*|............................|*<BR>|............................|<BR>|............................|<BR>*|............................|*<BR>-------------------------<P>* = holes/slots<BR>{ack, the ascii didn't come out as well as I would have liked. just image a rectangle, with 2 *'s on each side}<P>My Pioneer deck comes with the necessary tools to slide into the slots. <P>When re-installing a deck, you just push it in as far as it will go, until it "clicks" into place.<P><BR>------------------<BR>----<BR>Gary Mui ( gary.mui@sinnovations2.com )<BR>Sales Representative<BR>Streamline Innovations 2<BR>Vancouver, BC<BR>604.312.9588<BR><A HREF="http://www.sinnovations2.com" TARGET=_blank>www.sinnovations2.com </A><BR><A HREF="http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com" TARGET=_blank>mx3slimvisors.2ya.com </A><BR>Silver 96 GS<BR><p>[This message has been edited by GMGQ (edited September 19, 2001).]
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”