Hey Baby-Eating-Dingo

Off-Topic Discussions
David Witherow

Re: Hey Baby-Eating-Dingo

Post by David Witherow »

ok i dont get it why would a stock GS transverse x-member work on our cars but not the SRD one that makes no sense.....the SRD is a replacement fot the stock so if the stock fits our car so should the SRD....someone explain why this wouldnt work
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by David Witherow:
ok i dont get it why would a stock GS transverse x-member work on our cars but not the SRD one that makes no sense.....the SRD is a replacement fot the stock so if the stock fits our car so should the SRD....someone explain why this wouldnt work
I believe it has to do with the exhaust system piping/routing on the GS V6 vs RS 4 cyl. engine and the straight-line shape of SRD's transverse x-member whereas the stock GS one is "C" shaped--but not positive this is the reason... anyone else...? anyone??? Just a thought-you could always contact SRD directly for a straight answer...

Also, read my edited post above re I think the PO of my MX may have had the mounting holes drilled & tapped cuz they just don't look "factory" done to my eye.

<small>[ June 28, 2004, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: perhapsadingo8yerbaby ]</small>
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

if its just an exaust problem then i shouldnt have a problem.....since im doing a turbo setup i should be able to get the exhaust to pass it.....but the reason i never got it b4 was because everyone said that the holes were not on an rs
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Originally posted by Custommx3:
Your probably not the oldest.

Im 27, jeffs 28. We've been around a long time lol.
Hope you dont think that makes you two the oldest. :) I'm 35 been watching this board off and on now for 4 years. Used to login as Rick DeBie. I have a feeling Pelado was older than me though.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Yeah, check out Pelado's sig... includes some nice performance mods ending with "FOP Hair Gel" & FOP stands for Effing Old Person. :D

<small>[ June 30, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: perhapsadingo8yerbaby ]</small>
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Yeah kinda bleeds all that youthfull energy back into ya. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”