Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 06 2019, 3:05 PM

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Auto Cross Racing 

Auto Cross Racing
So ive always always wanted to do autocross racing...and ive seen a few on here that did the racing...I know I will be putting in the 2.5 de but I might go to the ze now since that yard out does not give any warranty on complete engines.

So curious what parts should u get to drive the best thru auto cross...just need help making a shopping list..

April 09 2014, 1:13 AM

Post Re: Auto Cross Racing
All depends on what the courses are like and what is your driving style. You've never done it, so I would suggest to get out there, enjoy it, and if there's something in the car that you feel need improvement, you improve it. Like I had the B&G springs (back when they had the V6 springs), but thought they were too soft and went with the H&R's, but despite them being stiffer, I understeered significantly more, while with the B+G's I could get the rear to swing out, it was great fun.

Search for ProtegeSTS's posts, they're old but he was a hardcore autocrosser back in the day.

2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

April 09 2014, 10:55 AM
Profile ICQ WWW

Post Re: Auto Cross Racing
Autocross is great fun.. I have been doing it for almost 7 years now... Check out my klg4 swapped 323 build thread it will give you a good idea what you need to do to be competitive..

Have a good look at the rules and figure out if you want to be competitive or just race for fun and how much money you want to spend

to sum up a couple things... A de/ze motor swap puts you in the same class I run in... it's called street modified front wheel drive... It's the kind of class you can sped a lot of money in and still not be competitive. . All though I am doing well with my build...

Lowering springs and shocks won't cut it... alignment, suspension set up and tires are extremely important.. talk to other autocross racers for the best advice...

Most of all have a lot of fun...

April 09 2014, 11:42 PM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]