Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 28 2020, 2:03 PM

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 [GI] Rigid Spherical Sway Bar End Links 

Post Re: [GI] Rigid Spherical Sway Bar End Links
Waiting for a detailed quote from the mold maker and the Poly company that will be pouring the bushings. Once I have the final quotes I will post a price list. I'll take orders for a month or so to make sure I have enough confirmed interest and I figure bushings will be delivered in November sometime.

I have been holding off until I get the quote so I don't make any promises before I know what the costs will be.

2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

September 27 2008, 9:44 PM
Supporting Member

SuperK is interested in both rear and front.

She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

September 29 2008, 6:04 AM

SuperK will be added to the list. I need payment this week so that I can order the parts on Friday. I will PM you the information.

My Worklog
My feedback thread

September 29 2008, 9:31 AM
Supporting Member

Question:
On the site that sells Whiteline sway bars, in the item description it says this:
The standard sway bar links are very compliant. The rubber bushes easily distort, while the actual plastic lionk flexes under load. This may be quite acceptible for every day use, however, it does severely limit the effectiveness of the sway bars. Even worse, if you use high performance options like blade adjustables. The original rear links distort enough to reduce the rear bar rate by up to 80kg of force.
Aftermarket sway bars add even higher loads, which can lead to premature cracks, and mounting failure. Fit bigger rear bars with confidence or just upgrade your OE brackets to remove mounting flex. Specially strengthened to handle adjustable bars.
www.turbowholesale.com/product.php?productid=7721
What does this mean? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your end links..

'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

September 29 2008, 1:03 PM
Profile WWW

I think it's a generic comment regarding whiteline rear sway bars. It says the stock sway bar mount bushings (body to bar) are soft and distort easily. It also suggests the stock 'plastic' link kits warp too much. Our stock link kits aren't plastic, but they do wear out rather quickly and can be relatively costly to replace. Whiteline makes endlinks for some cars that are similar to wytbishop's design, so it's an opportunity for their site to suggest customers buy them at the same time as the bar. Personally, I want to get a whiteline rear bar mated to wytbishop's links to reduce the body roll from the back of my car during hard, high speed cornering.

September 29 2008, 1:11 PM
Supporting Member

Great. That is what I thought. Thank you.
So, should I beef up anything else, after putting in the 22mm bar, and Wytbishop's links?

'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

September 29 2008, 2:13 PM
Profile WWW

Wytbishop's Polyurethane sway bar mounting bushings. :D

tehbrookzorz is exactly right. Most stock sway bar end links use a rubber bushing on either side of the bracket that the bolt goes through to isolate the body from road vibration. Ours are not like that but still rubberized. When the loaded side suspension is compressed, the rubber bushings deform and only part of the load is transmitted to the other side of the car through the sway bar. Some of the load is also absorbed by the mounting bushings. A stiffer bar like the Whiteline won't work well with the stock components because they cannot transmit enough of the load.

In reality these links are not going to make a blinding difference in the handling of your car. But they will work very well and last forever if you keep them clean. If you do happen to break one it's cheaper to replace than the stock as well.

My Worklog
My feedback thread

September 29 2008, 2:44 PM

A friendly reminder to everyone interested in picking up a set of these end links.

I will be placing my order for rod ends from Toronto on Friday afternoon. If I haven't received payment from you or at least heard from you to make an alternate arrangement by mdi day Friday you will have to wait for another round of manufacturing. I am going to make a couple extra sets to keep on hand for sale to whomever wants in later, but as of now only 5 of the 11 interested parties have made payment. I cannot afford to buy 6 extra sets of end links without advanced payment.

I understand if some have had to change their plan for whatever reason. Really, it's not a problem at all. I just want to be clear on how it will go.

The manufacturer has the rod ends in stock so I will have them by the following Friday. I plan to be shipping before the 17th of OCtober.

My Worklog
My feedback thread

October 01 2008, 12:20 PM

I will be sending the money tomorrow =)

October 01 2008, 3:33 PM
Profile WWW
Supporting Member

$$ sent! I'm going to have the best suspension ever (until people buy his bushings)!

October 01 2008, 3:53 PM
Profile WWW

Got your payments Jesse and Rece.

Thank you kindly.

My Worklog
My feedback thread

October 01 2008, 4:50 PM

Is there any adjustment required?

When does the GB close and do you do international shipping?

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click

October 02 2008, 2:46 AM
Profile WWW

I will ship to Europe at your cost. So long as you paypal me payment by Noon MST tomorrow. I will PM you the information.

My Worklog
My feedback thread

October 02 2008, 9:03 AM

Another friendly reminder that tomorrow is the last day to get in on this round of links. If you haven't made payment or at least contacted me to make arrangements by noon Mountain time tomorrow, I will have to move forward without you.

Never fear though. I will continue to take orders if people are interested and if warranted I will do another GB in the future.

Thanks,
Charlie

My Worklog
My feedback thread

October 03 2008, 1:55 AM

How long do you think it will take you to finish them? I'm excited and can't wait to throw them on!

October 03 2008, 8:41 AM
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next