Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 03 2020, 8:58 AM



Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Shock Alarm anybody? 
Author Message
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: October 21 2010, 10:44 PM
Posts: 766
Location: Western Australia
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
haha lol... that rape alarm is an awesome idea... i'm just imagining if it went of in my driveway at home and my parents didnt know about it...... hahahahaha... i might get in trouble for that...
How about installing a few security cameras around the house? Subtly,. of course, like hidden in things/partially behind things, that would help prove for you next time he (inevitably) tries to wreck/steal your stuff...

_________________
Image
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke


November 14 2010, 6:10 AM
Profile
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: October 08 2009, 5:35 PM
Posts: 5200
Location: Eugene, OR
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
h3xt0r wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:
Not a bad idea, but to put that on his car I would be breaking the order myself.

That's what friends are for!


That's included. Any person i put between him and us is an extension of my choices.

_________________
'12 Challenger R/T Plus w/ STP - 3.92 w/ Limited Slip, Shorty headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, Tuned

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc


November 14 2010, 9:09 AM
Profile
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: October 08 2009, 5:35 PM
Posts: 5200
Location: Eugene, OR
Reply with quote
Post .
.

_________________
'12 Challenger R/T Plus w/ STP - 3.92 w/ Limited Slip, Shorty headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, Tuned

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc


Last edited by MrMazda92 on November 14 2010, 9:14 AM, edited 1 time in total.



November 14 2010, 9:13 AM
Profile
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: October 08 2009, 5:35 PM
Posts: 5200
Location: Eugene, OR
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
ethand wrote:
haha lol... that rape alarm is an awesome idea... i'm just imagining if it went of in my driveway at home and my parents didnt know about it...... hahahahaha... i might get in trouble for that...
How about installing a few security cameras around the house? Subtly,. of course, like hidden in things/partially behind things, that would help prove for you next time he (inevitably) tries to wreck/steal your stuff...


The issues are light, as well as storage for the video. :( Not to mention cost... I even waited up 4 nights in a row listening. I thought about a baby monitor, since it would trip with sound... it would wake me up. Both incidents happened on occasions where I was away from the house.

_________________
'12 Challenger R/T Plus w/ STP - 3.92 w/ Limited Slip, Shorty headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, Tuned

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc


November 14 2010, 9:13 AM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: October 21 2010, 10:44 PM
Posts: 766
Location: Western Australia
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
hmm true... electric gates/fences?? hahaha
yeah... though cant you get cameras that are able to see in the dark? either that, or get a motion sensing light out front (for the sake of your car)?? and a home alarm? or something hahah i dont know...
all the best with it, though...

_________________
Image
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke


November 14 2010, 11:18 PM
Profile
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: October 08 2009, 5:35 PM
Posts: 5200
Location: Eugene, OR
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
ethand wrote:
hmm true... electric gates/fences?? hahaha
yeah... though cant you get cameras that are able to see in the dark? either that, or get a motion sensing light out front (for the sake of your car)?? and a home alarm? or something hahah i dont know...
all the best with it, though...

Maybe for nightvision cameras, probably too expensive though. As for the motion sensing light, I have 2 where she's parked.

_________________
'12 Challenger R/T Plus w/ STP - 3.92 w/ Limited Slip, Shorty headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, Tuned

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc


November 15 2010, 2:39 AM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: May 06 2008, 4:30 PM
Posts: 111
Location: Union City CA, USA.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
MrMazda92 wrote:
ethand wrote:
hmm true... electric gates/fences?? hahaha
yeah... though cant you get cameras that are able to see in the dark? either that, or get a motion sensing light out front (for the sake of your car)?? and a home alarm? or something hahah i dont know...
all the best with it, though...

Maybe for nightvision cameras, probably too expensive though. As for the motion sensing light, I have 2 where she's parked.


Decent Lorex cameras are about 80 bucks, plus an internal PCI capture card puts it up at around 200bucks with taxes...wait....OR....No Taxes....</3... Okay so about 180ish. That should give you a clear view at night at about 100feet or so. You could get the internal PCI capture card or snag a DVR for about 200 or so.

_________________
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:
The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.


November 15 2010, 3:06 AM
Profile
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: October 08 2009, 5:35 PM
Posts: 5200
Location: Eugene, OR
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
h3xt0r wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:
ethand wrote:
hmm true... electric gates/fences?? hahaha
yeah... though cant you get cameras that are able to see in the dark? either that, or get a motion sensing light out front (for the sake of your car)?? and a home alarm? or something hahah i dont know...
all the best with it, though...

Maybe for nightvision cameras, probably too expensive though. As for the motion sensing light, I have 2 where she's parked.


Decent Lorex cameras are about 80 bucks, plus an internal PCI capture card puts it up at around 200bucks with taxes...wait....OR....No Taxes....</3... Okay so about 180ish. That should give you a clear view at night at about 100feet or so. You could get the internal PCI capture card or snag a DVR for about 200 or so.


Ill check it out :D Thanks!

_________________
'12 Challenger R/T Plus w/ STP - 3.92 w/ Limited Slip, Shorty headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, Tuned

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc


November 15 2010, 5:27 AM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: October 21 2010, 10:44 PM
Posts: 766
Location: Western Australia
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
hmm, good research, hector... hahah I just realised, most of my posts are with you mm92 hahaha :lol:

_________________
Image
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke


November 15 2010, 8:32 AM
Profile
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: October 08 2009, 5:35 PM
Posts: 5200
Location: Eugene, OR
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
x2 for the research, I assumed it would be a lot more money for a product like that; Lesson learned, look before you assume!

It happens, I tend to post a little more often than I need to; I find myself browsing the forums for hours at a time, as well as PT and the UK MX3 forums. :P

_________________
'12 Challenger R/T Plus w/ STP - 3.92 w/ Limited Slip, Shorty headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, Tuned

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc


November 20 2010, 3:54 AM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: May 06 2008, 4:30 PM
Posts: 111
Location: Union City CA, USA.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
MrMazda92 wrote:
x2 for the research, I assumed it would be a lot more money for a product like that; Lesson learned, look before you assume!

It happens, I tend to post a little more often than I need to; I find myself browsing the forums for hours at a time, as well as PT and the UK MX3 forums. :P

I am the same, I will sit and browse these forums for a good hour or so every day. I might have been here a year but I still learn something new just about every day. :-P

_________________
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:
The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.


November 20 2010, 5:56 PM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: October 21 2010, 10:44 PM
Posts: 766
Location: Western Australia
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
haha yep, x3 to the browsing for alot of time each day and learning at least one thing new pretty much every time haha :D

_________________
Image
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke


November 21 2010, 6:37 AM
Profile
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: October 08 2009, 5:35 PM
Posts: 5200
Location: Eugene, OR
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
I love it, I used to spend that kind of time doing other things, that I now consider far less entertaining and beneficial... I'm loving everything I learn about Engines, enough that I'm thinking about minoring in Mechanics and Auto-Body when I start college again. My major will likely be engineering... That was my dream when I was young, and my newfound love for cars has only bolstered it.

_________________
'12 Challenger R/T Plus w/ STP - 3.92 w/ Limited Slip, Shorty headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, Tuned

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc


November 24 2010, 3:48 AM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: October 21 2010, 10:44 PM
Posts: 766
Location: Western Australia
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
ah, sweet as! well i've always loved cars (no idea why - none of my fam at all like them even slightly... even my extended family), and thought about engineering, but looked at the course contents and decided not to...
BUT one day I wanna buy an original MX-5 ('89 model) and take it all apart, clean/fix everything, then re-build it all again, restoring everything on it back to stock condition... i rate that'd be awesome, and I'd learn so much!! first I gotta finish uni (5 years left), then get a house, etc.... so this is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG way off :cry: hahaha.... still, i can dream!!!

_________________
Image
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke


November 26 2010, 4:29 AM
Profile
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: October 08 2009, 5:35 PM
Posts: 5200
Location: Eugene, OR
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shock Alarm anybody?
Yeah :) I used to have no particular preference for cars, as long as they got me where I needed to go. This was before I could drive of course, it changed slowly after that. My interest was actually piqued when I first saw the MX3, and I fell in love when I test drove one. It was a beater, without a doubt, but that beater was enough to get me hooked. ;)

I've got a '71 MG Midget in semi-permanent storage, that's a project I plan to undertake in a few years, if/when I feel I am truly ready. My dream car has always and will always be a 1970 Dodge Charger, I loved them even when I didn't care about cars. Now of course, a beater shell will cost me more than a clean 200 WHP MX3, I'll be waiting far too long for that project.

_________________
'12 Challenger R/T Plus w/ STP - 3.92 w/ Limited Slip, Shorty headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, Tuned

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc


November 30 2010, 1:11 AM
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.