Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently February 21 2019, 8:15 AM

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 ProjectB10 - 1993 Eunos Presso HI-XS Special Edition 
Supporting Member

Post Re: ProjectB10 - 1993 Eunos Presso HI-XS Special Edition
I have gone mad and cleaned up the shed.

The day time temperatures in the shed are about 30 Celcius (for a big part of the day) here at the minute.

However there is a method in my madness.

I need to complete the KLZE/transaxle swap on the red car ASAP. All the many bits and parts have been sitting around for about 4 years (eg complete KLZE long block build up completed in April 2015). It’s just ridiculous and attracting a bit of pointed but polite comment. I need to get on with other stuff and this is all in the way now.

Part of that hurry up involves gathering up all the parts from around the shed so that I can put my hands to it all when I need. The swap job is an auto to manual swap as well as little upgrades along the way.

Anyway all of that big clean up revealed some long forgotten but interesting bits as I cleaned up the shelves, boxes and under the work benches (and also created my throw away scrap metal pile outside the door).

Spot the difference #1

Left hand (OEM description) exhaust manifold K8 and KL. It’s the rear or firewall manifold for me. If you get this one wrong on a KL swap (no headers to existing exhaust pipe) then it’s a might big PO.

Spot the difference #2

Starter motors. The bigger and heavier one of the two is ex the K8. The smaller and lighter one is labelled KL36.

The weight measurement is very approximate as those scales are also going out the door. But the pictures do tell the "difference" story.

Spot the difference #3

Brake master cylinder. The red car will have the Subaru Legacy GT/ Gen 1 Impreza WRX brake calliper conversion (2 pot) fitted at the same time as the swap. Experience tells me that that the Presso 15/16ths master cylinder bore is adequate but not really optimal. So I will fit the 1inch master from the Mazda Millenia. The comparison photos show masters that I have pulled from the CB model Mazda Lantis with the KF-ZE engine.

Not much to see that is different externally save for the brake pipe connection points and the OEM 1 stamp on the side of the master in place of the 15/16 stamp.

Eunos Presso HI-XS Special Edition, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , walbro 255,short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI,Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.

January 28 2019, 10:09 PM

Post Re: ProjectB10 - 1993 Eunos Presso HI-XS Special Edition
i ike it !!

never realized the differences

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click

February 01 2019, 4:34 PM
Profile WWW
Supporting Member

Post Re: ProjectB10 - 1993 Eunos Presso #2171
Its getting confusing with two project themes all mixed up in the one Project thread. The Presso are both shades of red (sort of), both 1993 models and both K8’s (originally).

To distinguish the two apart I have taken to using their build serial numbers as a quick way of separating them.

The cars are both JDM 1.8L V6 Eunos Presso (Gen. 1 from June 1991 to September 1993). The cars were manufactured from 1991 until 1993 under the Mazda factory designation of EC8SE.

The factory serial numbers started at 100001. The red one is #102171. So its #2171 for me.

Fitted a second hand MS rear Spoiler.

he original plan was to use a spare rear hatch I had purchased that was originally fitted with the Spoiler part (so the hatch was all predrilled) and most importantly it also provided me with the required plastic trim or garnish.

The car is due a respray in the original colour at the end of all this so no big deal if its fitted with black painted parts. The idea of not having to measure up and drill and fit the Spoiler to the existing hatch was also very attractive.

No such luck!!! An examination of the black hatch (removing the garnish) revealed a lot of rust (advanced to perforation stage) in the two rear corners.

So the fitting of the Spoiler turned into a mini project of its own, of cleaning up parts, transferring parts and q lot of measuring and fiddling about…not my favourite recreation by far.

Eunos Presso HI-XS Special Edition, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , walbro 255,short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI,Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.

February 03 2019, 6:36 PM
Supporting Member

Post Re: ProjectB10 - 1993 Eunos Presso #2171
Ok back to the job I really want to finish. Had to refit all the interior trim removed to fit the spoiler. Lots of mucking around for little to show.

I want to get on with the many silly little things so that I can make the engine and transaxle swap.

I want to make sure that the silly stuff doesn't break early once the job is done. I have built this engine up from a mix of (a lot of) new components such as a short block, reconditioned stuff like the cylinder heads, mixed in with parts moved across from used engines.

The latter stuff needs to be used with care... especially anything carrying coolant as the used parts are very corrosion affected. So fitted some new parts today.

The lady at the parts counter at the local Mazda dealer told me that this one was the last one in inventory in Australasia

February 05 2019, 2:26 AM
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10