Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 16 2019, 12:30 AM



Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Custom Exhaust 
Author Message
Regular Member

Joined: March 06 2007, 2:17 PM
Posts: 1603
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (USA)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
Wow so many things I want.

you could put me as GI. It depends on how much $$'s I make this week. But I definitely need one to replace my fart can LOL.

If I go with this, I want 2.5-inch btw :D

edit:

If you do this, i'm officially in. I talked to my dad and he was all for it.. he hates my fart can too LMAO

oh, and the 2.5-inch is good for a Turbo BP? I may have an Escort GT which is why I was saying 2.5... but if you think a diff. size piping is good for the BP then just let me know..

but yeah..am Def. in on this!!!


September 05 2008, 10:13 PM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: November 07 2007, 7:17 AM
Posts: 815
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
Daninski wrote:
I'd buy it from you but the issue of shipping such a long item has me wondering? Can you get a shipping rate to Canada? A mandrel bent welded one piece 2.5 inch system complete with Cat is $370 at a custom shop I went to so your price is very good.

The question is will it still be a good deal after taxes, duties, and bored CBSA officers throwing it overhead...

_________________
MrMazda92 wrote:
I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.


September 05 2008, 11:13 PM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: February 01 2007, 12:06 AM
Posts: 470
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
Flyer wrote:
Daninski wrote:
I'd buy it from you but the issue of shipping such a long item has me wondering? Can you get a shipping rate to Canada? A mandrel bent welded one piece 2.5 inch system complete with Cat is $370 at a custom shop I went to so your price is very good.

The question is will it still be a good deal after taxes, duties, and bored CBSA officers throwing it overhead...


i will get the shipping info for you this week. i need to know exactly what you want on it - cat, test pipe and which muffler. if you havent checked the pricing page - you can see it here:http://synefx.com/exhaust_kits/index_synefx_kit.htm
i have the 2.5 kit with turbo muffler, exhaust tip and test pipe on my car and its awesome - the sound is just right, not too farty and a nice low rumble. i get many compliments on it and the performance for the ZE is great! the exaust tip on this kit is what makes the difference on sound here. so if you want a specific tip, let me know and i can weld it on or you can buy your own and bolt it on.

you need to find out if they are using aluminum or stainless steel. stainless steel is more expensive than aluminum, mild steel costs somewhere in between the two.

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:
oh, and the 2.5-inch is good for a Turbo BP? I may have an Escort GT which is why I was saying 2.5... but if you think a diff. size piping is good for the BP then just let me know.

you can go with the 2.0 or 2.5 for a 4 cylinder turbo, it really depends on how much HP your putting out. 2.0 for N/A 6 and 1.5 for N/A 4 cylinders. and if you are putting it on an escort, are the bends the same? i'll work it either way, just need to know if i need a template. again - i'll need to know what you want on it as far as muffler, cat, etc.

im putting a 2.5 together this weekend - so let me know if you want it.

_________________
Image


September 06 2008, 4:21 PM
Profile WWW
Regular Member

Joined: March 06 2007, 2:17 PM
Posts: 1603
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (USA)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
When I meant I may have an Escort GT, I was saying I'm gonna do the BP Swap :mrgreen:

So yeah it's going on a '92 I4 that will be swapping to the BP and then going turbo... so hmm.. about.. 200 somethin HP?

I am going to want a muffler and cat.. for the muffler whatever you feel is best.. as long as it isn't like my current (and obnoxiously loud) exhaust haha.

The cat.. I guess the Magnaflow? Either the Magnaflow or the Flowmonster.. whichever is best ;)

Thanks a lot!!!!

edit:

oh, and I wouldn't have the $$'s to pay you right now.. so yeah I gotta wait about a week (maybe 2 depending) before I can buy a kit off you. But I definitely am!!!


September 06 2008, 11:14 PM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: February 01 2007, 12:06 AM
Posts: 470
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:
When I meant I may have an Escort GT, I was saying I'm gonna do the BP Swap :mrgreen:

So yeah it's going on a '92 I4 that will be swapping to the BP and then going turbo... so hmm.. about.. 200 somethin HP?

I am going to want a muffler and cat.. for the muffler whatever you feel is best.. as long as it isn't like my current (and obnoxiously loud) exhaust haha.

The cat.. I guess the Magnaflow? Either the Magnaflow or the Flowmonster.. whichever is best ;)

Thanks a lot!!!!

edit:

oh, and I wouldn't have the $$'s to pay you right now.. so yeah I gotta wait about a week (maybe 2 depending) before I can buy a kit off you. But I definitely am!!!


well, i am making 2 kits this week - both 2.5. i will suggest the thrush muffler, just because you have the option of changing tips for whatever sound suits your tastes. i did get a sound sample this weekend and will post it up tonight. as for the cat - i'm all about keeping everybody's costs down, the cheapest one is the Catco, but if you want either the Flowmonster or Magnaflow, i'll order the Magnaflow for you. i typically require 30% down, so i'm making the one on good faith for you and the other will be posted on ebay and on here for sale - they will both have the same cat and muffler.

_________________
Image


September 08 2008, 2:54 PM
Profile WWW
Regular Member

Joined: March 06 2007, 2:17 PM
Posts: 1603
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (USA)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
zzzoomx3 wrote:
Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:
When I meant I may have an Escort GT, I was saying I'm gonna do the BP Swap :mrgreen:

So yeah it's going on a '92 I4 that will be swapping to the BP and then going turbo... so hmm.. about.. 200 somethin HP?

I am going to want a muffler and cat.. for the muffler whatever you feel is best.. as long as it isn't like my current (and obnoxiously loud) exhaust haha.

The cat.. I guess the Magnaflow? Either the Magnaflow or the Flowmonster.. whichever is best ;)

Thanks a lot!!!!

edit:

oh, and I wouldn't have the $$'s to pay you right now.. so yeah I gotta wait about a week (maybe 2 depending) before I can buy a kit off you. But I definitely am!!!


well, i am making 2 kits this week - both 2.5. i will suggest the thrush muffler, just because you have the option of changing tips for whatever sound suits your tastes. i did get a sound sample this weekend and will post it up tonight. as for the cat - i'm all about keeping everybody's costs down, the cheapest one is the Catco, but if you want either the Flowmonster or Magnaflow, i'll order the Magnaflow for you. i typically require 30% down, so i'm making the one on good faith for you and the other will be posted on ebay and on here for sale - they will both have the same cat and muffler.



Okay that's cool. Just wondering, but does it include the muffler tips? Or should I go out and get one? If you think the catco is good, then i'll take your word for it and just get me it.

As for the sound, Nothing can be as bad as what it is now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4MqzmZUKUw

it's so terrible to be honest.. the definition of "fart can".. so yeah.. anything is better then what I have haha.

I sent you a PM about the money as well ;).

Thanks a lot!!!


September 08 2008, 4:07 PM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: February 01 2007, 12:06 AM
Posts: 470
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
you can buy your own tip, if you want - again, just to get the sound you want. i will do a sound sample of the muffler without the tip i have on it. i paid $25 for the tip i have and while it doesn't sound like a fart can, its not exactly stock sounding either. but you guys can be the judge of that when you hear it. i used to have an N1 muffler as well and even though i lost $30 from it falling off on the highway - i'm glad it did...LOL

/that's what happens when you don't have a :welder:

_________________
Image


September 08 2008, 4:33 PM
Profile WWW
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: February 01 2007, 12:06 AM
Posts: 470
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
Daninski wrote:
I'd buy it from you but the issue of shipping such a long item has me wondering? Can you get a shipping rate to Canada? A mandrel bent welded one piece 2.5 inch system complete with Cat is $370 at a custom shop I went to so your price is very good.


whats the postal code?

if my calculations are correct through UPS - the shipping would be approximately $60.00

_________________
Image


September 08 2008, 4:43 PM
Profile WWW
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: February 01 2007, 12:06 AM
Posts: 470
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
if you want to support my cause :P - you can get a t-shirt - i'm trying to get some pre-made, so i can sell them cheaper, but this is all i have for the moment.

shirts

i want to eventually get to send one free with each kit.

_________________
Image


September 09 2008, 6:05 PM
Profile WWW
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: June 03 2004, 2:01 AM
Posts: 851
Location: La Prairie, QC + Stratford, CT
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
Nice shirt! Maybe I'll buy an exhaust so I can get 1 free! :)

_________________
Image
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread


September 09 2008, 8:23 PM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: February 01 2007, 12:06 AM
Posts: 470
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
Jovian2k wrote:
Nice shirt! Maybe I'll buy an exhaust so I can get 1 free! :)

lol - thanks - i'm building my website soon - to sell the kits and other products, but well below what others sites are selling them for - i'm so sick of these places raping us for parts...

_________________
Image


September 09 2008, 8:27 PM
Profile WWW
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: February 01 2007, 12:06 AM
Posts: 470
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
here's a sound sample of my kit - sorry it took so long

_________________
Image


September 09 2008, 11:37 PM
Profile WWW
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: September 05 2008, 7:22 PM
Posts: 379
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
How much would 3" Straight pipe cost me, including the length of the cat? I would have to get exact measurements since my downpipe isnt the same length as headers and a Y pipe. For a Turbo setup obviously (downpipe gave it away).

_________________
Image
Feedback - http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=67393


September 10 2008, 1:15 AM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: February 01 2007, 12:06 AM
Posts: 470
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
3"? what kind of horsepower you putting out on what kind of motor?

_________________
Image


September 10 2008, 9:36 AM
Profile WWW
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: February 01 2007, 12:06 AM
Posts: 470
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: Custom Exhaust
new website

_________________
Image


September 12 2008, 12:37 AM
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.