Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 20 2019, 5:23 AM

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 no projectors from American Company...I will explain tonight 

Post Re: [GI] projectors from an american company
I haven't been on in a while, but this is something I have tried to follow and have some experience in. I made a set of custom headlights some time ago and it was painfully slow. It took me nearly a year to complete mine. The set was reproducable, but I never could get the lenses correct to reproduce. I got A Ton of crap for the reproduction costs. It is pretty hard to get all the elements to work together in a package that you all will not whine about. Give him some space, but continue to show interest by posting. I, again, am down for a set of lenses if his come out correct. You guys need to either give this a try yourself or give the guys who are trying a break. It is an enormous pain in the butt to design and build a reproducable set of projectors for the MX. A- the MX was not built for them thus there are space constraints that are hard to work around. B. You need to come up with something nice, but not too nice that it is hard to reproduce and most will like it. C. you need a clear lense to go over them to keep the stock type look to the body. Mine do not use a lense at all. I like them ok, but the dual 90mm projectors without a lense do change the front of the car a good bit. Perhaps if you want the lights without a perfect lense you should start a new GI thread for just the lights. It will do two things for the builder. 1. he can recoupe some cost from the project and 2 show him that there is a decent reason to push forward.
my .02 on the subject.

ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

February 23 2008, 2:13 AM

i under stand your point i have/am trying to make my own set as well and i know its a vary slow and costly project for a weekend workshop lol :welder:

but this is a compant that specialized in making this witch meens that they have all the tools, machines, people knowlage ,and supplys to do this for a living. im sure its not there first time around the block doing this ... it's not like us trying to rig somthing up and trying 5 times to get it some what right...

if it was only foggy lenses can we see what the light housing look like light config spacing
wiring :shrug: i would like to see any progress and also see if its worth sticking around

he has them on his website for sale i would be pissed if i sent my lights out to get done
6-8 months ago and payed and still had no lights back

February 25 2008, 11:09 AM
Profile WWW
Supporting Member

Hope that this will come through for us.

May 15 2008, 2:37 AM

Post Re: no projectors from American Company...I will explain tonight
Well after waiting on these for a while, I regret to say that I don't think this will ever reach a group buy. When I first started talking to Josh, everything was great, daily emails, phone calls, everything was very positive. I understood that it was going to take a while to finish my lights so I didn't really bother him and just asked for updates.

Well, in Feb I called him and finally got a hold of him and asked what the statis was on the lights. He told me that they were mocked up and one lense was done so it would just have one more lense to finish and then final assembly. I asked him if it was going to be done for April 18th because I was asked to put my car in a local show representing our local car club. He said not a problem and he would send pics and let me know when he was sending them.

I didn't get them for the show. I also, didn't get the pics he said he would send. I emailed him, called him, left messages with my contact numbers and nothing. I was doing this since the first of April and no response, so I am going to say that I will not be doing this buy, and if you want to attempt business with him, which I do not recommend, you can not say that I did not warn you and you will be doing so at you own risk.

I just don't want anyone else to loose anything so that is the reason I decided to stop this GI thread and warn everyone. I am sorry that this didn't go through, but I really thought we finally had a chance here and I thought I would help out our community.

Like I said, Sorry for the disappointing news.

Jeff

email danny@jdracing.ca

May 28 2008, 6:21 PM
Profile WWW

boohoo...

Kudos for trying :)

June 03 2008, 9:45 AM
Profile WWW

Heh, well, that's too bad, but pretty much expected. If manufacturers were really interested and committed to small projects, we'd have your lights long ago.

October 03 2008, 5:56 PM
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4