Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 07 2019, 6:49 PM

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Mazdaspeed Mx-3 Carmats 
Forum Moderator

Thats cutting it close, the Group buy is going to start, the middle of next week (wednesday), it will go for 3 weeks, then the process to make them takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks (completely out of my control). It takes so long because we do a rubber backing instead of latex like most carmats (example the reason we all need new carmats the backing comes off).

If i get enough orders within the 1st week that have paid then ill send then ill send the mats through to be printed, of cource i could send the order through today to be processed and printed BUT i dont need to get burned with the cost of people not coming up with there cash.

Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

September 09 2005, 8:43 AM
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Then have them pay for the mats up front, if they dont pay, they dont get any.

September 09 2005, 9:39 AM
Profile WWW

ok count me in for 1 set of 4....let me know when i can pay

September 09 2005, 11:05 AM
Forum Moderator

duh thats what im doing berry :) and where are you at im bored at work with no one to harrass

Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

September 09 2005, 11:08 AM
Profile WWW

September 12 2005, 7:10 PM
Profile WWW

September 13 2005, 6:50 PM
Forum Moderator

hahaha ill be writing the groupbuy up tomarrow then soon as i get contacted with jeff again it will be on

September 13 2005, 9:28 PM
Profile WWW

ok will u post once ur ready 2 take orders??

September 14 2005, 2:26 AM

2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

September 14 2005, 9:13 AM
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum Moderator

My Beater just blew its motor and my mx3 is still down so i need to pay all my attention on it as i am completely without any transportation.

September 16 2005, 1:51 AM
Profile WWW

I know its been put on hold, but a couple of really good and important questions have been asked and completely overseen, or left unanswered....

jaydog5678 Asked: Will the floor mats have the same "shape" and outline as the oem mats?

If they do it will be really good and look professionaly :froggie_red: , if theyre just some universal one size "should" fit all, its going to look chabby and wont sit correct in the bottom of the car like the OEM's ones does

jschrauwen allso wrote: Even better if there was a small but obvious MazdaSpeed Logo on the bottom of each rear mat so as to be readily visible.

I too think that it would be stupid to have custom fronts and just plain blacks in the back, all it need is a small MS or MAZDASPEED centered..
Its all the little details that make it "just super" and if it cost more to have a few letters on the back ones too, then name a price for it :wink:

And it seems like the majority of people liked the 2's and 4, so why dont make a real poll and let everyone interrested choose between thoose two??
Fewer options to choose from, will give a more correct poll if people have to pick one or the other and not choose between 7 diffrent options.

That aside i really think that the 2a or 2b is better than number 4, when looking on number 4 it simply looks as if theres missing something at the top :wink:

And if the pictures you showed was of the silverish grey, then by all means go with the white lettering, because it just looks like a dull allmost dirty grey to brownish :dunno: and the Black White combo is going to be nice and people could dye their own colour into the white as i understand it?

The concerns with the white was that it shows dirt easily, but all the lettering in the 2's and 4 is nowhere near where you put your feet anyway :shrug:

1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies

September 22 2005, 3:27 PM

Just found this tonight, and was surprised to see it is current. I will be keeping an eye for a post in the group buy section.

Sorry your car is down, we've all been there and yes it sucks. I had my clutch and tranny go a couple weeks ago, so that has delayed my suspension install. Hopefully new springs and struts go on next week.

If you have any idea when you could get this going again, let us know.

September 23 2005, 1:15 AM
Forum Moderator

I know its been put on hold, but a couple of really good and important questions have been asked and completely overseen, or left unanswered....

jaydog5678 Asked: Will the floor mats have the same "shape" and outline as the oem mats?

If they do it will be really good and look professionaly :froggie_red: , if theyre just some universal one size "should" fit all, its going to look chabby and wont sit correct in the bottom of the car like the OEM's ones does

I did answer Jaydog since he's in the same car club i am i forgot to post it here though, I could have the mat cut to match ours, if everyone is willing to chip in an extra 50 dollar (ruffly) per mat so i can have a Dye made. A dye is a razor blade that is bent into the shape it needs to cut in. I've had dyes created before, and considering it cost me 150 for one smaller than 8.5 x 11 (your typical legal sheet of paper).

So you'd be looking at anywhere from 750 dollars to 1500 (this is a guestimate). I explained this to Barry because he wanted stock shaped ones as well, infact so do I. But im not gonna take the risk of coming out of pocket with this project even more money. For those who dont know this project just to start cost me 200 dollars for a temp license.

DJsMX-3 wrote:
jschrauwen allso wrote: Even better if there was a small but obvious MazdaSpeed Logo on the bottom of each rear mat so as to be readily visible.

I too think that it would be stupid to have custom fronts and just plain blacks in the back, all it need is a small MS or MAZDASPEED centered..
Its all the little details that make it "just super" and if it cost more to have a few letters on the back ones too, then name a price for it :wink:

Yea we could do that but Cost will increase as our rear mats are not printed one at a time, we mass produce those in multiple of colors, and they sit in our warehouse till someone orders rear mats or a 4 piece set.

DJsMX-3 wrote:
And it seems like the majority of people liked the 2's and 4, so why dont make a real poll and let everyone interrested choose between thoose two??
Fewer options to choose from, will give a more correct poll if people have to pick one or the other and not choose between 7 diffrent options.

That aside i really think that the 2a or 2b is better than number 4, when looking on number 4 it simply looks as if theres missing something at the top :wink:

I counted between the 12 emails i got the 6 pm's and people on the forum and 4 won out of all the options, infact it was chosen 8 times more than option 2, So thats why i chose 4. Yes i could of made a poll to where all the users could see what people were wanting, but i did it this way and its just as effective. Sometimes less is more.

DJsMX-3 wrote:
And if the pictures you showed was of the silverish grey, then by all means go with the white lettering, because it just looks like a dull allmost dirty grey to brownish :dunno: and the Black White combo is going to be nice and people could dye their own colour into the white as i understand it?

The concerns with the white was that it shows dirt easily, but all the lettering in the 2's and 4 is nowhere near where you put your feet anyway :shrug:

I agree that Yes white would look better than the silver, but its a matter of looking nice when you 1st get it, or Staying nice constantly, these mats are machine washable ( i wouldnt recomend it cause of the rubber backing) but yes you can wash them. but i can look at my mats and there is dirt all over them, not just in one spot. I dont know to many people who keep there feet in just one position. I drive with just 1 foot most of the time (unless im switching gear) and my foot is typicall off to the side or close to the seat. If people want them in white then i can allow for another vote on that option, as i know people will buy them silver or white.

As for when the groupbuy will start again, its looking to take about 4 weeks, As im purchasing a SE that needs a little work and i will be focusing all my attention on that. I could do them both at the same time, but i dont want to get anything messed up because my brain is focusing on the car while people are ordering other these. As my last group buy went nice and smooth because i turned my attention away from the car and focused just on the groupbuy and nothing else, id like it to go the same way. Also not to mention Between my day job and freelance work i dont have that many hours durring the entire day, so with having to work on the car ill be eating while i take a shower.... just kidding on that one but i will be pritty busy.

September 26 2005, 3:33 PM
Profile WWW

im still confused....how much will it be for 1 set of the # 4?? and how will u collect the money off here with a credit card??

September 27 2005, 5:24 PM

I am in whenever the group buy starts up again.

September 28 2005, 1:15 PM
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next