Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 06 2019, 9:30 PM

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Mazdaspeed Mx-3 Carmats 
Forum Moderator

Post Mazdaspeed Mx-3 Carmats
Took me sometime and alot of headache but i finally got it to where we can have them.

Now before i even show any examples, you have to know one thing. These are not for resale, if i catch anyone putting them up on ebay or selling them in anyway, i will personally turn you into the mazdaspeed corporation as i have only been given permission to do this 1 run. So if you sell your mx-3 they go with the car or you give them to someone or sale them for the cost BUT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RESALE FOR PROFIT!

I REPEAT NOT FOR RESALE!!!! I REPEAT NOT FOR RESALE!!!! I REPEAT NOT FOR RESALE!!!!

Now here is the examples:

As before with all my groupbuys we will vote on which design we all want, and from i will print a sample showing how they look, then from there the groupbuy will begin, i will allow the groupbuy to run 2-3 weeks max, after that i send them to the press. it will take 4-5 weeks to have printed. The reason the process takes a while is we use a special backing that is better than most other carmats, and we have to have them shipped out to do so.

I need to add that these are PRINTED NOT EMBROIDED.

Price estimate right now is 30 dollars a set, with a 3 dollar donation to Mx-3.com. once i figure out the price it is non-negotionable, and yes you have to pay the 3 dollar donation to mx-3.com. Oh and lets not forget shipping.

As it stands right now i need a minimum of 20 sets to make this order happen

Now i know some of you are gonna say Can i get a set in these colors or can i have the logo in this location or can i do this can i do that, the answer is no you cant. I have chosen to stick with the black and white for several reasons, main one being black easy to keep clean and is most durable against color fading, i am up for using a silver instead of a white only because a silverish gray color will be less likely to show dirt on the logos.

I think thats everythign for now, please post if your intrested in a set and tell me which version you would like. Also if you have any questions please fill free to ask.

Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Last edited by Mnemonic on August 26 2005, 4:42 PM, edited 3 times in total.

August 26 2005, 11:28 AM
Profile WWW

Hmm, tough call, but I don't like the outlined MazdaSpeed logo...but I'm leaning towards 2b. 3b looks cool but the logo being in the center and a good size would get really direty real fast. 1b looks good, but I like the MS logo as a slight accent for under the pedals, and make the MazdaSpeed logo more visible.

I"m guessing there's be no rear mats? (They don't need any logos, but it would be nice for something to match in look, quality and durability)

Are they going to have the ring as well as a clip do they don't slide forwards, it's a pain for my clutch. I have the original mats, but the ring i broken and i don't even have the clip to hold it cause my car didn't some with it.

I'm just just throwing out some ideas and opinions.

I'm interested in at least one set, but possibly 2 sets, one to keep original, the other I may want to try to get the logo's dyed to match the car (I'm no expert, but I'm assume that's possible)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on August 26 2005, 1:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

August 26 2005, 1:41 PM
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum Moderator

yea its all 4 just didnt see the point of showing the back when they are just black. As for the gromit (the hole), we dont have the machine that does that at my work, so its not a posbility, but if want you can always go to home depot and get a gromit and do it yourself. Plus not all the mx3s got the connectors.

As for dying a set to match the car, yea thats a good idea, our mats start out white and we dye them so it would be really easy to dye the white to match your car,your just gonna have to get a really good dye, and wear gloves :)

Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

August 26 2005, 1:47 PM
Profile WWW

I'm probably in too, but just FYI that top logo will be under the pedals if it is that high. Also I don't like the top logo on any of them. That will be the one that gets too much wear as it is right below your feet. If you move it lower it will be right where the heel pad is and again same problem with wear.
I like 2B...

ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

August 26 2005, 1:49 PM

PATDIESEL wrote:
Also I don't like the top logo on any of them. That will be the one that gets too much wear as it is right below your feet. If you move it lower it will be right where the heel pad is and again same problem with wear.

Actually, if it's right under the pedals, would it not get any wear at all? (Unless you like to put your feet under your pedals for some odd reason)
Being that high, they won't get touched, and be a nice accent to the mat
(If i remember right, I gotta go outside and look at my Mx-3 mats to check)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

August 26 2005, 1:51 PM
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum Moderator

yea the top logo will be covered up but i dont think the wear on it will be as bad as it would if its litterally under the pedals to where your heal is constanly sitting on it

August 26 2005, 1:57 PM
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

2 front
2 rears

August 26 2005, 1:58 PM
Profile WWW

Man if i bought these and changed my mind about them, who cares if i sell them. You can report me to mazdaspeed all you like but what are they going to waste their time on a 30 dollar set of mats for?

I think what they mean by not for re-sale is if a store online, or an actual shop buys them in bulk and sells them for profit.

I know i wouldnt hesitate in selling them if i want to.

August 26 2005, 2:18 PM
Site Administrator

August 26 2005, 2:38 PM
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

i had to agree to the not sell them to any company or persons who were planning to sell them for resale, thats what i ment by not for resale, maybe i miss wrote what i ment. Im just covering my own hind end here when i state these are not for resale. I had a agreement with one of there reps that i wasnt making these for retail or wholesale that it would be a 1 run deal, 1 time, thats it.

And i wouldnt hesitate reporting anyone that i caught resaling these things for a profit and im sure i will post a million times that THESE ARE NOT FOR RESALE. And im sure that someone will want to order mroe than a few and im gonna say no.

It all boils to this, if you dont like the rules i have set then you dont have to get a set. You can take the risk and resale them just not i will contact them Im just letting that be known plain and clear.
IF YOU RESALE FOR PROFIT I WILL REPORT YOU!

This is my job, this is what i do, i have to deal with people constantly trying to get work done with logo's that A they dont have permission to use or B try to alter the logo to a state which isnt allowed by the company or team.

August 26 2005, 2:45 PM
Profile WWW

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ

August 26 2005, 3:50 PM
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

They look good, do you guys think that 3a and 3b are a little to Ricey with the big MS symbol in the middle?

93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

August 26 2005, 3:53 PM
Forum Moderator

August 26 2005, 4:16 PM
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

some background info would be good right?

We use washable heavy weight nylon carpet (anywhere from 16-24 oz). unlike most companies that just use an ink to dye the top of the mat, which will eventually rub off with wear, we use a method called chromojet printing. What it does it it prints onto the carpeted area with dye, the dye goes into the fiber making the design itself part of the carpet, so really the only way you could get rid of the design would be to rip the carpet out. Or bake it beyond the conditions of the temperature a vehicle can reachs sitting in the sun.
also we the back is much stronger than the stock mx-3 carmats, its a semi latex/rubber i dont know the technical term for it and all teh sales people are in the conference room

PICTURES :) recent one i did about a month or so ago

sorry didnt feel like setting up the camera and lights correctly so you just get the shots with the shotty camera :)

August 26 2005, 4:22 PM
Profile WWW
Supporting Member

Personally & Design-wise I think they are a little over the top. They remind of those riced out cars that say the car name all over it in big vinyl stickers. This is a case where less is going to be more.

I dont like any of them.

Get rid of the MS logo all together. No one besides us is really going to know what that means anyway. (Why does you car say MS? Does it have Multiple Sclerosis?)

Take the MX-3 off. We all know its an MX-3, since they are INSIDE the damn car.

Take the MAZDASPEED (Famine should like these) turn it sideways and put it where the MX-3 is... or find other creative places to put it on the mat such as the center, or near the seat. Make options available for the outline or the bold.

Or- You could even have some fun with them and do kinda what MAZDASPEED did with their seats-- have the logo repeated in patterned lines covering the entire mat. That might look cool too.

August 26 2005, 4:27 PM
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next