Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 06 2019, 2:10 PM

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Under Stereo Gauge Panel *Updated Pic Added* 
Supporting Member

I can tell from experiance that that is a great price for the panel.

You dont know the half of it man LOL I got the owner to waive the "Setup" fees he normally charges for laser work since I am doing all the art work for each individual panel on my own time. Normally if someone were to walk in and order something like this, right off the bat there would be a $15 setup charge. Then there would be material cost, per letter engraving charge of .35 cents, and per minute laser time of $1.28 for the cutouts. Depending on complexity, these could cost twice what I managed to swing for the price. The sad part is, that if I cant move at least a few pieces, likely I wont be allowed to offer up such services through the company again. The owner thinks selling to specialized markets such as this, via the internet, is "A waste of time" :?

Tunes67

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

June 24 2005, 10:18 AM
Profile YIM
Supporting Member

well I am going to put an order in for one just to have it, cuz you never know when you may want one and that price will never be seen again after these are made. Thanks alot for the hook up on the site. :D

June 25 2005, 12:49 AM
Supporting Member

Much appreciated man.. if we can get these 5 panels sold.. My boss will definately lighten up a bit.. and will be more open to other types of items.. we have a HUGE variety of products that could be sold either through group buys or possibly through the MX-3.com store. Everything from License Plate Frames to MX-3 Keychains to Hats, watches.. custom embroidery.. the list just goes on and on.. I have been trying like gangbusters to get my boss to open up and let me offer some stuff.. but he doesnt understand the internet that well.. and he considers world wide shipping to be a "Pain in the a--" (Even though I have offered to handle it) Though on a positive note.. he may be forced to change his stance on Paypal.. I should have more information on that on Monday. Btw.. just another note.. I can do custom center cap discs for most rims. Mazda logo's anyone? ;) But thats something for the future :)
Thanks for your support.

Eric
Aka Tunes67

June 25 2005, 1:45 AM
Profile YIM
Supporting Member

yea custom center caps would be sweet because my enkei rpf1's don't come with them so keep me posted on that. :2thumbsup:

June 25 2005, 2:23 AM

I'm gonna order one once i get some fog lights, so i can have the switch on it..but i wont know how big the switch is until i get some sooo..i will have to wait, but i will be a future buyer...if that helps any. :roll:

June 25 2005, 10:11 PM
Profile WWW
Supporting Member

I have added a few refinements to the Panel. Including screw holes in the corners for a more permanent mount. You will need a dremel tool to drill the holes in the lip of the din for the screws though. Screws will be included if anyone wants this option. I will post up more pics this coming weekend sometime since my install will be completely finished then (I have both gauges now :D) Cheers

Tunes67

June 28 2005, 11:11 AM
Profile YIM
Supporting Member

Ok.. upon further inspection.. the screw hole idea aint so great.. mess up with the dremel and your dash will hate you LOL But I am gonna stop at Radio Shack and pick up some switches so I can get some standard measurements.. I think the way to go on this will be to offer up a few different types of models and then let you guys customize from there. Cheers.

Tunes67

June 28 2005, 6:24 PM
Profile YIM

offer the screw holes, it is our problem if we mess up. I want screws to attach mine with.

ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

June 29 2005, 12:24 AM
Supporting Member

Thing is.. the lip on the din is so thin.. the hole would have to be right at the edge of the panel.. would be very easy to break.. but if you want them I can do the holes and provide screws as well. I will put some very strong double back tape on the back of the panel as well.. it will match up with the din lip. Just a FYI to anyone that prefers the Dbl back tape over the screws.. make dang sure you are done working with your panel before peeling the tape and adhering it in place. This tape is extremely strong and you WILL break something (most likely the panel) trying to remove it by force. Lighter fluid or goof off will break the adhesive but you need to allow it to soak for a hour or so before attempting to remove the panel.

Tunes67

June 29 2005, 12:29 AM
Profile YIM
Supporting Member

Just finished my install with screws. This is my final panel for now.. but just another look so you can see what these can look like. I used gold head screws so that you can see the locations, but I plan to replace them with black screws tomorrow. I think silver screws would look best.. but I dont have silver ones long enough. So if you order a panel.. and want screw holes (you dont have to do as many as I did.. I just wanted additional strength) you can pick between black or gold screws or buy your own.

Cheers :)

Tunes67

P.S. And yeah.. I did decide to go with the carbon fiber gauges.. ;) I like the white face ones better.. but they dont go with my black interior at all.. they stood out like a sore thumb.

June 30 2005, 12:38 AM
Profile YIM
Supporting Member

Looks great tunes. I can't wiat till I get all my measurements

June 30 2005, 2:05 AM
Forum Moderator

Hey Tunes what kind of laser you use for cutting? Co2 I am guessing? If so what brand? Rofin Sinar? Spectra Physics? I used to repair and build those things. They rock.

77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

July 04 2005, 3:06 AM
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Supporting Member

July 04 2005, 6:37 AM
Supporting Member

cjthor - Between both stores we have 5 lasers. All are Co2 :) 3 are made by Universal Laser Systems out of arizona. One is a VisionTek (or something like that) And we have a boat anchor prototype we got from Dahlgren. They didnt make it.. but they were going to market it. We have had the boat anchor for a bit over 2 years and it has been down for about 1/3 of that time. But it was a great bargin :roll: LOL The ULS machines are awesome.. never a problem with them. I use one of the 25 Watt ULS machines to make these. Cheers :)

Tunes67

July 04 2005, 11:19 AM
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Thanks Neutral :D

cjthor - Between both stores we have 5 lasers. All are Co2 :) 3 are made by Universal Laser Systems out of arizona. One is a VisionTek (or something like that) And we have a boat anchor prototype we got from Dahlgren. They didnt make it.. but they were going to market it. We have had the boat anchor for a bit over 2 years and it has been down for about 1/3 of that time. But it was a great bargin :roll: LOL The ULS machines are awesome.. never a problem with them. I use one of the 25 Watt ULS machines to make these. Cheers :)

Tunes67

Sweet. I built 500-5000 watt lasers for about 5 years. Nice machines! Are you guys gonna sell the anchor? I might be interested.

77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

July 04 2005, 4:22 PM
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next