Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 15 2019, 3:10 PM

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 headlights 

Post headlights
clear headlights

why doesn't a manufacturer make these.
or better projector headlights :2thumbsup:

i know nearly every mx3 needs them right!

<small>[ June 12, 2004, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: FastytheJinx ]</small>

June 12 2004, 1:14 AM

Post Re: headlights
awesome post :idea: they not only have clear lenses but they got projectors! LOL

June 12 2004, 10:27 AM

Why dont you go the GTS clear lens cover option? they look sweet from what ive seen and easier than civic lights.

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

August 07 2004, 3:35 AM
Profile WWW

u cant use the GTS clear covers on stock headlights, cuz that wouldn't be legal. it has to have those ridges.. unless ur using projectors ;)

August 07 2004, 10:33 AM

Has anyone ever measured 1999 or later Miata headlights? They look like they are about the right shape.......???????

August 22 2004, 3:02 PM

the miata lights have already been done....

i have been looking at them recently as i bought some civic lights but i'm not sure on them, if i do fit them i will be customising the body not the lights> just to be a little bit different.

August 22 2004, 6:15 PM

I am starting to get ready for the year to make these but hmm there apears to be "bump" or a downfall. They would work well with the stock bumper because thats what keeps them there on tight..but hmm I just barely tought of this and after looking at alot of mx3 with aftermarket bumpers...ee the bottom part where the headlight sits may be a bit different..

http://www.geocities.com/c00l.geo/sidemxprojector.JPG

can anyone see what I mean?? they are on so tight that the aftermarket kits would have to be the same..altough...it may work..just that I dont have an aftermarket bumper.

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

January 02 2005, 2:55 PM
Profile WWW

mine are that tight at all ! i mean there tight and snug enough that they don't bounce around > There just as tight as the stock oem mx headlights

January 05 2005, 3:20 PM
Profile WWW

why wont some company make projectors for us, Id love a set that would be direct bolt-in

Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

January 05 2005, 5:52 PM
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Sam Baker wrote:
u cant use the GTS clear covers on stock headlights, cuz that wouldn't be legal. it has to have those ridges.. unless ur using projectors ;)

does this mean that the huge majority of newer cars that have clear lenses (w/o the 'ridges') are all using projectors?

March 02 2005, 9:08 AM
Forum Moderator

MarkMoore wrote:
does this mean that the huge majority of newer cars that have clear lenses (w/o the 'ridges') are all using projectors?

No not the majority, my Protege has clear lense using H4 bulbs - much better lighting than the MX.

March 05 2005, 10:37 PM
Profile YIM

Yah, My Protege also had reflectors with clear outer lenses. And with good H4's in there, they are awesome.

Why doesn't any company make lights for us? Because plastic injection molding is expensive.

MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

March 05 2005, 11:53 PM
Profile WWW

Yah, My Protege also had reflectors with clear outer lenses. And with good H4's in there, they are awesome.

Why doesn't any company make lights for us? Because plastic injection molding is expensive.

so what sam baker said wasn't true then? you are allowed to use clear lenses w/ reflectors?

March 07 2005, 12:00 AM

If someone made aftermarket headlights or projectors for our car, I would buy them in a second, no questions asked. Forget shopping around for a better price, forget any wait time they might have, whatever...if they were made, I would buy them.

So just in case someone out there is reading this, that is in a position to make these...rest assured that 75% of MX-3 owners, if not more, would buy them in a heartbeat.

April 13 2005, 1:52 PM
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next