Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 15 2020, 3:50 PM

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Search still works... 

Post Search still works...
Every time I have a question about something I search for it. And every time (nearly) I recieve at least one person who doesn't post anything but a reference to the search button. To me it is apparent that the search DOESN'T WORK properly. (Some may disagree but since enough people are having a problem with it as to require that they still ask the same questions over and over again then doesn't that qualify the search to be broken? That is not my main point though.)
IF you are annoyed by a repeat question just don't respond to it, this has the dual benefit; to you for not getting angry for having to respond to a repeat question, and to the asker by not creating such a hostile atmosphere for newcomers. My suggestion is to institute a less hostile ideology here or spend a little effort and get a better search.

Either way I won't be posting anymore.

July 19 2005, 10:46 PM

Post Re: Search still works...
SS-MG wrote:
Every time I have a question about something I search for it. And every time (nearly) I recieve at least one person who doesn't post anything but a reference to the search button. To me it is apparent that the search DOESN'T WORK properly. (Some may disagree but since enough people are having a problem with it as to require that they still ask the same questions over and over again then doesn't that qualify the search to be broken? That is not my main point though.)
IF you are annoyed by a repeat question just don't respond to it, this has the dual benefit; to you for not getting angry for having to respond to a repeat question, and to the asker by not creating such a hostile atmosphere for newcomers. My suggestion is to institute a less hostile ideology here or spend a little effort and get a better search.

Either way I won't be posting anymore.

huh?
a) the search button DOES work
b) people who get told to search are usually unaware of the button or simply just too lazy. (or cant use it properly)
c) the biggest thing is wasted space...if a question is answered 1000 times, a search WILL pull up the results. so why waste web space and ask it again?
Most people on here are not out to get the new members, but new members have to atleast make an effort to do some independant research 8)

July 19 2005, 11:19 PM
Profile YIM WWW
Supporting Member

Yes the Search funtion DOES work.. although you may not know how to configure it to fins what you want to find.

This little diagram I made may help you out.

Good luck!

July 19 2005, 11:48 PM
Profile WWW
Supporting Member

Man, don't give up like that. We are all happy to have a fellow MXer on board and alot of times, when you do use the search function, you end up finding alot more info on what you're looking for to begin with, with is a big plus!

July 20 2005, 1:36 PM

ughh... i tried searching for sevral common terms just now, such as mx3, a phrase that I posted yesterday and 'cai' and all of them gave me nothing at all. Search is NOT working all the time, and I've tried it at home, work and my other job.

And yes, I know how to search... done it before many times.

July 25 2005, 8:38 AM
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]