Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently February 27 2020, 9:51 PM

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Is there a way to change.. 
Supporting Member

Post Is there a way to change..
Ok.. maybe I am just being a dork here.. but is there a way to change the forums color layout? If not.. would it be possible to add such controls? Just curious... my boss has learned to recognize the black/red color pages.. so I need to change the colors so he will stay off my back ;) If I could change up the color every once in a while.. he wouldnt realize I am at the same page all the time and would stop grunting in my general direction whenever I have my browser open ;)

Tunes67

May 18 2005, 2:10 PM
Profile YIM
Supporting Member

You can change it yourself. You use Firefox right? Go to the pull-down menu from your toolbar. It is "Tools/Options/General/Fonts & Colors". Select your pref for background and text and select the box to "use my colors."

For IE, it's a the same menu path but ya might then need one final extra step before your colors override on IE. Go to "Accessibility" button and select "ignore colors specified on Web pages."

May 26 2005, 5:27 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks man.. I got it figured out.. works fine in IE.. Firefox.. well.. not so good.. but that just means I use IE at work and firefox at home ;)

Tunes67

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

May 26 2005, 5:32 PM
Profile YIM
Supporting Member

Yeah, wouldn't work for me on Firefox at first either. Surprised tho when it seemed to work after closing and reopening the FF browser.

May 26 2005, 5:40 PM
Supporting Member

I got it to work.. but it doesnt work well.. parts of the boxes and banner lines only change color halfway.. Nothing worth worrying about.. I have just seen some forum pages that have layout controls in their profile preferences.. just thought I would see if that was something that was available on this page.. but it doesnt really matter that much.

Tunes67

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

May 26 2005, 6:31 PM
Profile YIM
Supporting Member

Just buy a "rear view mirror" for your computer, so you can see when your boss is walking by. :P

May 27 2005, 8:18 AM
Profile WWW

haha yah man...then when he asked why you have a rear view mirror just say "i want my computer to look liek a car..."

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

May 27 2005, 4:49 PM
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]