Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 05 2019, 1:18 PM

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Why can't we delete topics we post? 

Post Why can't we delete topics we post?
Its happened to me a couple times...my internet is acting up, and I accidentally post teh same topic 2 times.<p>I can go back and edit out all the text of the first topic, but i CANNOT delete it! There isn't any option for me to do so. This is the only message board I use that doesn't have this feature.<p>Can we allow this? There is a "For sale" thread in the suspension forum that hason thing to do with suspensions, and the guy had to request the moderators delete his post instead of deleting it themself. <p>It would help with some accident posts, and reduce the clutter.

June 30 2003, 2:58 PM
Profile WWW

Post Re: Why can't we delete topics we post?
lemme see if i can repeat this verbatum....<p>The reason you do not have the option to delete your own post is you would then have the option to remove any offensive or illegal content prior to mods taking any neccessary actions.<p>Now Barry, Jeff, correct me if i'm wrong. :) <p>BTW, where's coleman. I havent seen a post from him in forever :shrug:

June 30 2003, 3:22 PM
Profile ICQ WWW
You could do that regardless through editing. I think it would make the mods job a little easier. But Im sure there is other reasons for it.

July 02 2003, 9:22 PM

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:
lemme see if i can repeat this verbatum....<p>The reason you do not have the option to delete your own post is you would then have the option to remove any offensive or illegal content prior to mods taking any neccessary actions.<p>Now Barry, Jeff, correct me if i'm wrong. :) <p>BTW, where's coleman. I havent seen a post from him in forever :shrug: <hr></blockquote><p> :shrug: wtf??!? Why would giving me the option to delete my posts create a legal problem? I have yet to see any real "legal" problems going on with any threads on this site.<p>I am the only administrator for ProtegeClub.com. We occasionally have a problem with people, and we never have had a problem with these problematic people deleting posts. We usually end up moving the threads to our "deleted threads" section before they even have a chance. This is just in case we need it later for legal reasons. (basically exactly like this site has).<p>But this is the first forum I've came across that doesn't let the original posters, delete their posts / threads. If I posted something and want to remove it I CAN using the "edit" feature.<p>But when I accidentally post the same topic twice, all I can do is edit the f'ed up thread down to say something like "sorry, can you delete this for me, double post". <p>If the moderators don't mind the added accidental posts, then thats fine, i'm still waiting for a viable explanation for why the forum is set up this way.

July 02 2003, 10:16 PM
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]