Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 18 2019, 9:41 PM

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Autocross Winter Slush series first event! 

Post Autocross Winter Slush series first event!
UBCSCC wrote:
UBCSCC presents:
Slush Series #1
Membership Required: New Member $25, Renewal $20 via this link or $5 day membership at the registration desk on morning of
Date: Sunday, October 30, 2011
Event Fee: $35 by pre-registration via Karelo ONLY

It's that time again folks! UBCSCC's annual Slush Series is here! The only off-season championship series of its kind where all-season tires can actually beat R-Comps, wearing less for weight reduction will probably freeze you, and loads of free undercarriage car washes on-course! In all seriousness, it is the ideal series for driving in a wide-range of weather conditions and also to compete for your chance to win some wonderful prizes from our sponsors!

2011-12 UBCSCC Slush Series Info Page - It all starts here. Please have a look and also decide which of the 4 classes you want to compete in (Top Gun, Novice, Index, and Street Tire Index)

BY REGISTERING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL CONDITIONS OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL REGULATIONS. Any violations of these regulations will result in an immediate end to your day - please read BEFORE signing up.

Please note that this event is capped at 60 drivers plus exec team members. Pre-registration via Karelo is mandatory. As outlined in the supplemental regulations, there will be no cancellations/refunds or driver substitutions - if you are not sure you can attend, please do not pre-register.

There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any burnouts, reckless driving, or loud stereos on Ford Road at any time. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be immediately, and permanently, banned from all 3 local autocross clubs without warning. Registration check-in closes at 8:45am sharp.

Please ensure you bring your vehicle to a complete stop and look both directions at the break in the fence in the driveway, to ensure no planes are approaching.

Good luck from all of us in your UBCSCC Executive Team!

This is going to be an epic event... The pad we race on just doubled in width... Its now 1000' x 500'... We can start setting up national level courses... :)

Any other questions you can check out the forums at www.ubcscc.com

I'll be out tearing around in my little 323.. Its going to be the last race of my summer set up and I might even get the chance to test out some more new goodies I just got in the mail this week...

October 22 2011, 3:38 AM

Post Re: Autocross Winter Slush series first event!
Inexpensive too. Too bad I don't live anywhere near you. My solosprint events are $150/pop for me... admission and gas included.

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

October 22 2011, 1:34 PM

Ryan wrote:
Inexpensive too. Too bad I don't live anywhere near you. My solosprint events are $150/pop for me... admission and gas included.

Ouch.. I haven't done solo sprints.. I would love to get into something a little more high speed... There is a good chance we might be able to do stuff like this with the new pad we have..

October 22 2011, 5:58 PM

Well it was a great event.. Unfortunately there was some conflicts with getting the second section of the pad.. So we were running on just the original half.... Man was it ever WET! It amazing how some colder wet weather can really change around who shows up in the top spots...

The little 323 did great and really surprised the hell out of my self and everyone out there... The morning runs were Blazing fast... My second run out I nailed down a very quick 50.825 for FTD... At this point I didn't even realize what was going on.. Probably a good thing.. On my third run I really hung it out and went a lot faster... I was the first person to break threw the 50 sec mark.. I ran a 49.983.. Unfortunately I had picked up a cone some where... My FTD stood untill my friend Dave's 3rd run.. He made up huge ground on his previous run and ran a clean 49.833.. This was about 2 and a half sec faster then his previous run... With the rain stopping during the 3rd heat everyone in the afternoon was bound to get quicker... Mason in his cobalt SS in heat 1 in the afternoon came out of no where and on his final run took FTD with a 49.710... Heat 2 didn't show to much action but as Dave and I geared up for heat 3 the battle was on... In the end Dave and I both put to much pressure on one another... I started over driving to much just couldn't put a good run together... I did improve my time to finish up with a 50.369.... The real surprise was Jeffrey Nam in a borrowed STI on his last run of the day taking FTD.. He edged out Mason with a 49.685... I have never seen such a close battle for FTD....

Anyways here are some video's of my runs... I am open to any comments... I was running just my stock street tires... They are nothing special.. Just a set of 205/40/17 yokohama envigor... I played a bit with tire pressures trying to get the a-- end looser I did have a little luck as you'll see in the video of my last run... I ran most of the day with my tire pressure set at 33psi front and 43psi in the rear.. For my last run I brought the fronts up to 35psi and the rears to 48psi...

This was my dirty 49.9 run...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYcaP2zwzso

My fastest run in the morning.. 50.8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnWJH3QPqM8

My last and most exciting run of the day...Still pretty quick 51.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjJP2XV1X_o

October 31 2011, 9:39 PM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]