Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 15 2019, 1:54 PM

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 ROUGH IDLING 

Post ROUGH IDLING
HONESTLY i dont know wut 2 do...i cant stop crying.....i spent over 1000.00 on my car at this mechanic shop for a performance tune-up including spark plugs/wires, distributor rotor n cap, and something things plus an injector clean...i dont even know wut the hell they did with my car cause i wasnt there 2 watch...i got screwed over, right now a week after i got it back 2 times from them....the car idles really rough and revs extremely low....i tried 2 put my foot on the accelerator and the rpm will go all the way up and it will drop down my itself close 2 zero and the car will start 2 shake and the battery light will flash on....i tried driving it and the car fish tailes, and the engine light came on 4 a split second....I DUNNO WUTS WRONG WITH MY CAR, i even tried loosening the air control valve and it helped alot not really, im so upset and depressed...i really love my car, i dont even want 2 go back 2 them because im going 2 cause alot of problems....i feel my car will never b the same again, they ruined it!!! it could b anything now thats causing this , i dunno if it could b a vacumm line leak or the engine timing wasnt even adjusted at all! plz guys i need ur help , wut am i going 2 do?

September 18 2005, 6:58 PM

September 18 2005, 6:59 PM

sounds like a vaccum leak or even they hooked up the wires wrong order.

is it a 4 banger or a v6?

1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com.

September 18 2005, 7:02 PM
Profile WWW

its a v6 GS Model...i dont know wut 2 do, it could b anything now...i dont want 2 take it back there becuz i dont trust them anymore my car was perfect be4 they even touched it :cry:

September 18 2005, 7:08 PM

sue them... get the cops involved if they cant.. also mine did that at the beggining.. i had vacum leaks like crazy.. throttle body leaked...check that your spark plugs are pproperly gapped... adjust the idle screw, reset the tps .

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

September 18 2005, 7:33 PM
Profile WWW

can someone come down 2 my area and help me inspect it?? im so desperate, i need help

September 18 2005, 7:40 PM
Supporting Member

check the fuel pressure vaccum lines. If they hook them up wrong, you'd have the problem your describing. When I put on my intake I mixed up those vaccums and the car was running wwwwaaaayyy to rich. Hopefully thats your only problem.

September 18 2005, 11:21 PM

can someone come down 2 my area and help me inspect it?? im so desperate, i need help

Where do you live? that might help.

Some things you can check yourself, make sure there are no loose harness plugs on anything, in particular the VAF. Check the firing order make sure your wires correspond to the cylinder, make sure all the wires are on tight. It sounds like your vaf is disconnected, your running on less then 6 cylinders or have a vacuum leak somewhere or possibly your rotor/dist is off which i can't imagine any mechanic not noticing. Also look closely at the dist cap and watch for it arcing out somewhere and likewise on the wires.

1 3 5
2 4 6 is the layout of your cylinders viewing from front looking in.

OR take it back to the shop and freak out, and bring a couple friends with you for backup. Tell them they have to fix what they fucked up, or your going to take it to the dealership and have it repaired properly and then you are going to submit the bill from the dealership to small claims court. Tell them you don't want to go into litigation <use that word>, but will if neccessary.

Good luck

September 18 2005, 11:31 PM

Take it back to them and watch what they are doing. Tell them that THEY did something wrong
Infact, bring a cop with you when you go to confront them

If they decide not to do anything, get a cop, write a police report, make a video about the car having problems, get a different mechanic to tell you what the possible problems are and to write it on a paper, if you can, use him as your witness, have friends as witnesses.
Do this ASAP

September 18 2005, 11:38 PM

Im about to give up..mine started idling a bit high again after a good run... :/ bohoo I cant thyink of anything else lol idles at 1.5 .. we seem to have similar problems..well i take it yours does not start or it does?

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

September 19 2005, 12:41 AM
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]